It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HK is killing FN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Followed by my favorite, the MP7, comes his little brother.....

www.hkpro.com...

Say good bye to the FN Five-Seven.....

world.guns.ru...

Awww...

O'well

But seriously, what do ya'll think about this?

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Heckler and Koch have certainly made a name for themselves in the manufacture of weapons that are in use by elite military and police units around the world. Noted for their reliability, HK is THE weapon of choice for close combat in urban settings. At the same time, I certainly won't criticize Fabrique Nationale. They make excellent weapons. However, HK certainly has rightfully usurped the mystique that FN lost to UZI and which FN never regained.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
FN is, most likely, the maker of the finest weapons in the world. The issue is that sales suck. It's not that the weapons are bad, or poorly made, or that the company is small... it's that simply the advertising blows. No one will ever say that an FN product is poorly made. FN2000, P90, Five Seven, FNP, Police Shotgun... all fine firearms. FN also produces the Minimi and SAW for the US government through a subsidiary.

Bussiness is bad simply because HK has the fame, and FN doesn't advertise enough on these shores.

DE

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Well, I think Fn-2000 is certainly better than G-36, for example. I am surprised it was not chosen for US military, because not onlz it's small, but with addons it has almost the same capabilities as OICW while it has much lower weight and could be available already today.

BTW I think there already is a thread about FN and H&K PDW competition ( I personally don't like both weapons).

[edit on 29-5-2005 by longbow]

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
LOL, PDW's have the common trait of all being useless unless your opponent is wearing body armor. If he, she, or it isn't, you're better off with a rock or icepick.

DE

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
LOL, PDW's have the common trait of all being useless unless your opponent is wearing body armor. If he, she, or it isn't, you're better off with a rock or icepick.

Exactly. I said the same in previous thread. The 4.6 resp. 5.7 bullets are too small. Currently there is much talk about replacing the 5.56 M-16 with 6.8 mm. And now someone wants to issue 5.7x28mm ammo?

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I do agree that the FN F2000 is good, and yeah, better than the G36, but other wise, I'm not a big fan. I think their Pistols and Subamchine Guns, well, suck compared to HK's. Their other Assualt Rifles still rn't that good.
Except for the new FN SCAR, which is supposed to b, another, competitor to the M8. It can fire different types of rds, from 5.56, 6.8, 7.62x39 and 7.62x51. The U.S. and FN worked 2 create this gun:

world.guns.ru...

The M249, yeah, good also, but the M240.....no

world.guns.ru...

That will waste it.

Also, yeah, my other post: MP7 vs. P90 Compitition: No Point

is what ya'll r talking about.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 29-5-2005 by SEAL Trident]

new topics

top topics

join