It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why MARS?????????

page: 1

join
share:
bdi

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I dont understand why are everybody talking about colonizing MARS and no human was there.But on the MOON there were a lot of humans and it would be logical for the colonizing to choose moon.tHE possIble ReaSOn why THey doNt coloniZe moON is BecaUsE THEY SAw someTHING THere.WHAT about that.

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Why do you say no human has been on Mars and Armstrong was reportedly warned away from the Moon by ET's.

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I think that the main attraction in colonizing mars is that there is already water there in the form of ice. There is no water on the moon so it would be much more difficult to colonize. Carting water around would be a very heavy, expensive venture.

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Water and atmosphere are, as I understand it, the main reasons. The Moon is fairly mineral-poor, meaning most resources would have to be shipped in. If Mars proves to have water, it means some terraforming is possible and colonization is more likely.

Other factors include health. The moon doesn't have a magnetic field and has a low gravity. Mars, with a higher gravity and a magnetic field would be a healthier place to live.

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I want to live on mars. moon looks dull and boring, while mars is red and has ice and stuff. I'd rather live on mars than live here on earth.

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 02:04 PM
link   
because mars, unlike the moon has a sustainable atmosphere, and a possibility for terraforming.

and these guys...

AK! ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK!

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Mars attacks is probably the bes alien movie ever!
I wish I could have some of their little death ray guns.

top topics

join