It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nightmares

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I have had a re-occuring nightmare for some time now, I did not think much of this until I told my father and he told me he used to keep getting the same dream also. It starts with mysel knowing that ive done something wrong (althought I never work out what just a sick feeling at the pit of my stomach) then i'm in an open place with a lot of people walking arround, when they all start parting and forming a clear path to this figure. Then Time starts speeding up and slowing down at random intervals except for me and this being. You cannot se his face but there is a feeling of pure evil coming from it. I start to get dragged towards the being (like a magnetic attraction thing) but before i ever finally get to the being I wake up. Any Ideas please? this one scares the living bejasus out of me!

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   
My worst re-occuring dreams are about someone approaching me when I am sleeping in my bed. I wake up (in the dream) as I am about to get some sort of ill will. I then wake up for real and cannot sleep for a few hours... I do scare the sH it out of my dog and cats when I jolt awake.

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Well....Dreams, as many scientists and myself believe, do have purpose - at least some do.

As with the Bible, you must read in between the lines for what exactly happens has another meaning. For instance, I read once that if you dream of yourself dying, you didn't really die, but it means that something is wrong with you (sickness,disease,etc). Perhaps your nightmare means something?

Take care.

-WD

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Think about every detail and feeling. Also try and remember every detail no matter how small and think about a symbolic meaning to something in your real everyday waking life.

For some extra help you can try this link:

www.dreammoods.com...

I think the best interpretations will come from either you or your father. The fact that he has the same dream is weird in itself. Find out how exact your dream and his match up too.

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 07:32 PM
link   
[Edited on 7-8-2003 by Uninen]

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The fact that you shared this with your father is interesting. Seems like you tapped into what is known as the colllective/ racial unconscious.

That is collective experiences shared by the human race and 'stored' in ether or 'spirit' which is mostly tapped when we sleep.

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 07:31 AM
link   
ok thats freaky... i have had a very similar dream... almost to similar... not a frequent reocurring dream but I have had that dream more than once. i always figured it was a symbol type dream... the "darkside" if you would like to call it that or evil wants me to turn or to destroy me... there are many agents of evil in many things and if they cant get you to join them they want to destroy i am assuming is what it means... do you have any special abilities? and your father? maybe the dream means somthing different to you... does the setting change... or the way the figure appears? next time try to control the dream... be aware of it and try to turn the tables... if you conquer it in your dreams it may help you conquer it here... or at least try to pay attention to detail

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Last night i dreammed of the end of the world.

The clock was ticking down. 6 hours to go ;P

So what was happening? Well there was a party in the hall which sorta resembled a church. The lights were off like it was a party atmosphere, lots of people were drunk/high on drugs, getting cozy with each other, everyone was in a pick-up mood, wanting to chat with everyone, find thier friends, etc and just generally have a good time and experience the most out of life before dying, noone had fear (sorta), some were a bit worried and unhappy but it was like they had accepted thier fate and weren't gunna really sulk much about it.

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 09:03 PM
link   
that sounds like a suicide cult

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Does the dream Change in small detail each time you experience it?

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Ive tried to take controll in this dream before but I only realise it's that nightmare when its to late. I almost don't have enought time to think about it.

As far as I remember It doesnt change at all, but it as if it's split into 2 halves, the first half changes and can be anything, but all of a sudden it changes into the nightmare that doesn't change. I am almost always out walking when the nightmare creeps in.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I usually enjoy my nightmares/dreams.

I had a "nightmare" once about this school. I was outside, and then suddenly, the school exploded. I ran inside, I brought out a lot of kids and sat them down at a bench near the school. Then I went back in and oddly enough, I seemed to know where to go. The last room I went into was burnt and still burning. All the kids were sitting up in their chairs, charred and dead.

Here is the kicker. A cute blonde girl, half burnt, moved her head and looked to me, her right arm was severed at the elbow, and the stump was somehow fused to the desk. Though, I can't remember what happened next.

I wish I could remember more of my dreams...

top topics

join