It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all Buddhists.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I was raised in a Sikh family with some Vedic teachigns; Sikhism is Buddhism at it's core: the first Sikh Guru, Guru Nanak Dev ji, traveled to Tibet and other parts of Buddhist indoctrinated parts to study under such teachings, as it is evident in many Sikh Scriptures.

I can very easily call myself a Buddhist, and do, more so that i consider myself a Sikh.

Deep

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I was raised in a Sikh family with some Vedic teachigns; Sikhism is Buddhism at it's core: the first Sikh Guru, Guru Nanak Dev ji, traveled to Tibet and other parts of Buddhist indoctrinated parts to study under such teachings, as it is evident in many Sikh Scriptures.

I can very easily call myself a Buddhist, and do, more so that i consider myself a Sikh.

Deep

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catfish
whats a buhddist?

My freind says its someone who just believes in peace and stuff.

Im not so sure.

so someone pleaz telll me

only because you said pleaz...

Buddha means one who woke up, enlightened one

So I guess a buddhist is one who treads the path to enlightment, but there can be some serious misunderstanding in this last sentence, because in fact there is no road to enlightment because one is allready enlightened, but one is not aware of that. The truth is hidden within, it has always been there, but has not been found.
When one finds the truth, it transforms the mind, and brings an eternal peacefull state of mind, therefore real happiness cannot be found outside oneself.

<< 1   >>

join