It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check out the size of this catfish.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Man Hooks World Record 124-Pound Catfish.

ALTON, Ill. - It sounds like the sort of tale Mark Twain might have cooked up: A man fishing in the Mississippi River hauls in a blue catfish roughly the size of a sixth-grader. But this is no fish story. Early Sunday, Tim Pruitt caught a 124-pound blue catfish.

To get a sense of just how big that is, the state record holder was a mere 85 pounds and the world record holder tipped the scales at 121 pounds, 8 ounces.

Now, Pruitt, whose fish has already been weighed in the presence of a conservation police officer and measured by a biologist for the Illinois Department of Natural Resources, is expected to submit documentation to the International Game Fish Association so that it can be certified a world record holder.

Article

Reminds me of a certain Simpsons episode.

Sanc'.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Sorry folk's, i missed an earlier post...www.belowtopsecret.com...

Could a mod' please delete this thread, to avoid duplication.

Sanc'.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
My aunt has worked for Com-Ed for 25 years & she is friends with one of the divers that works on the dam's under water. Over the years He has been working on the same dam on the Mississippi & every time he dives & works near the bottom he see's this Catfish that has grown throughout the years. At first the catfish was about 7ft long & couldnt move too much & nowq he says its almost 10ft long & at fat ass & can barley move. The first time he saw it he freaked & now he's just used to it & the catfish is used to seeing him.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I just heard that fish died when they were trying to move it to some sports store. Kind of stupid really.

top topics

join