It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

tuatha de danaan-2012-subtranian civilisations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
just thought that someone might be interested in this, it seems to parralel a lot of subterrainian civilisation conspiricys and maybe the 2012 asteroid stuff,
its an old irish legend about a race of people who arrived on clouds from the west, in search of resorses after depleating their own land, although they had apparantly supernatural powers they were defeated by the coming to ireland of a people who possesed iron, which was leathal on contact with them( might be handy to know),
after defeat they retreated underground!!!
all the info isn't on this link but it's a good place to start.

www.irelandinformationguide.com...

i already knew the legend, had my memory jogged when i was looking in this section of the site.

[edit on 25-5-2005 by pieman]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Great link pieman, very interesting. I couldn't help to notice that the four treasures remind me of a tarot deck.
The Tuatha de Danaan had four magical treasures:
Dagda's Cauldron = Cups
the Spear of Lugh =Rods
the Stone of Fal = Disks
the Sword of Nuada =Swords
I guess the 21 Tuatha de Danaan are close to the 22 major arcanna but one short. Anyway just an observation.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This does seem relevant to the subterranian civiliazationd, yet how is it related to 2012?

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Its spelled subterranean. The Tuatha de Dannan defeated a race of people who had been in Ireland previously called the Fir Bolg. Tuatah de Dannan means people of the goddess Danu or Eriu. Anyway more invaders came and the Tuatha de Dannan said they could have Ireland if they used the name Danu which is also called Erui. So Ireland became Eire in Gaelic and Ireland in English.
BTW: Tuath was the name for a kingdom in Ancient Ireland, there were over 150 tuaths.

Originally posted by pieman

i already knew the legend, had my memory jogged when i was looking in this section of the site.

Was that my thread that reminded you?

[edit on 26/5/05 by Atomix]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
nope, missed that one i'm gonna take a look at it now,
if i'd noticed it i would have just posted, honest, my memory was jogged by another post that talked about a civilisation that travel the galaxy on an asteroid for trade purposes, and that the asteroid will arrive back in 2012,
now the tuatha were said to have come to ireland because they had consumed the resources of their native land, just clicked a wee bit.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The Mayans are the civilisation thats calender ends in 2012 right?

top topics

join