It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A true Crypto story. Giant Catfish!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   
This is one big fish! It is so big that it is taking on disgustingly detailed features... Look at it's skin and eyes.
[link]http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20050524173309990004[\link]

[edit on 5/25/2005 by Brainiac]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Here is the link formatted right.

Heres the link

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I'm not even sure it is a real catfish. I have never caught one without a spiney dorsal fin.

Even still, I have seen a handful of catfish that size or bigger. In fact, many of them came from the damn of Toledo Bend...near my area...

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Kinda looks like Cod to me.

I've seen Catfish that big..so it could very well be...

All that's left is the breading and the hot sauce..how much is there do ya suppose..about 25 helpings?

(Just to clarify, all jokes aside, that catfish is large but not freakish. Just by looking at the picture I'd say it's just an enormous fish, nothing a cryptozooligist would give up a big foot turd to study)

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by OXmanK
I'm not even sure it is a real catfish. I have never caught one without a spiney dorsal fin.

Even still, I have seen a handful of catfish that size or bigger. In fact, many of them came from the damn of Toledo Bend...near my area...

You're right. The top dorsal-lfin is a dead giveaway for the catfish species. I think just going on looks alone, it appears that it may be a cross of a carp and a catfish. I to have seen cat's bigger than this one much bigger in fact.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   
You got me all excited about seeing a big fish.
Cant I ever get what I want.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   
When work was being done on the underwater piers of a local bridge, word
was that the divers that initially went down there came back up in a hurry
when it was discovered that 300lb "channel cats" were lurking. Imagine
a "catfish" the size of a small VW. A mouth, that when opened could
conceivably swallow a normal sized human......So much for "chicken-livers"...

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Yikes, Reminds me of the movie "Big Fish".......
I wouldnt want to be in a lake with those things, even though they are harmless to humans.
You can pick them up right out of the water like these guys are doing.........
www.wildlifevisions.net...

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
At the tennessee aquarium they had (im sure of they still do) a catfish almost as wide as a VW beetle, smaller ofcourse. pretty kool, I think it was found in the coosa river in Alabama...ive heard stories of catfish being that big...especially in the coosa

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I just saw on the tevelvision that the catfish is indeed real and it is a 120 pounder that is on display at a Cabelas in Kansas City. The catfish set a record as the largest ever caught.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Wow, huge!

i caught a 6lb catfish on the weekend. Nice size, but compared to that one... :shk: (it still made for good eating. I got 4 servings out of it without going too much into the belly meat)

I wouldn't eat that big mother anyway. Eating all the bottom feeders... wonder how much mercury is in it

top topics

join