It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Theory!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I was just thinking about this. When you hear like 1000s of UFO sightings in the US, you can't really tell what it is. I mean a UFO can be an aliencraft or just a military craft that we don't know about. But what about the UFO sightings in deserted places like the Arctic? Like Northern Canada UFO sightings.. Can you really and honestly explain as to why the military would have a base way up in the north where the temperature is like -30 all day, but better yet, why test in the cold regions? So they defenately can't be military crafts?

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Damasta747,

So they don't have to worry about too many civilians snooping around and remote locations have their advantages ............ things can magically disappear without too much fuss..... for starters.

Temperature is irrelevant.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   
There is a base here.

CFS Alert

www.img.forces.gc.ca...

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 05:01 AM
link   
99% of UFO's turn out to be things like aircraft, satelites, weather balloons or natural phenemona. It's that small percantage which can't be so easily accounted for. I recommend you go to your local library or buy "Beyond Top Secret" By Timothy Good for an overall view on the subject. How goverments have known of the reality of UFO's and how they have covered their existance up.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I might add that, back in the Cold War, the Arctic was an excellent place for a military base. Although the Arctic temperature is most beneficial to a "Cold" war atmosphere (haha, sorry, had to do it), travelling through the Arctic circle is one of the shortest routes from Russia to North America. We placed a handful of bases up there for early warning in case the USSR decided to launch a couple of nukes our way.

As one_small_step said, having a base in a remote area is prime for testing. You don't have a civilian population snooping around and getting in the way. You also don't have to worry as much about your test going haywire and clearing a town off the map. If you think about it, Los Alamos and the Trinity Site were excellent for the Manhattan Project for this reason alone. Imagine what would've happened if they would've tested the first nuke somewhere with a large population, like Ft. Bliss in El Paso, TX? The secrecy would've been out the window, and one wrong calculation would've wiped it off the face of the earth. Of course, there's those that will argue that El Paso wouldn't have been missed much...

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I always thought the real question is why would we be witnessing UFO's , here in places like Texas, when the Millitary has better places to test them , like the Artic.

I don't think they would test secret craft over here in Wilbarger Co.Tx, but i've seen a UFO here so I doubt they are Millitary.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
UFO's most of the time would turn out to have human or natural origins. I don't rule out some reports are secret aircraft. Talk that UFO's are nothing but secret military craft is complete rubbish.

Can I remind people that there are reports & documents from qualified individuals in the military observing U.F.O.s performing speeds & manouveres way ahead of what man was capable of in the 40's & 50's to the present day.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman
I always thought the real question is why would we be witnessing UFO's , here in places like Texas, when the Millitary has better places to test them , like the Artic.

I don't think they would test secret craft over here in Wilbarger Co.Tx, but i've seen a UFO here so I doubt they are Millitary.

If not military's then what are they?

new topics

top topics

join