It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Quran vs the Bible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I know that this is going to get a little heavy to say the least, but what I would like to know and understand is if these two books have ANY coralation or colaboration at all ?

What are the differneces between the Bible and the Quran ?

I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR WHO IS RIGHT MUSSLIMS OR CHRISTIANS !

I would like to know such things as:

Why is there a division ?
Where did the divison come from ?
Why is there a Quran ?
Who wrote the Quran ?
Who wrote the bible ?
Who is the musslim God ?
Was he the creater of heaven and earth like the God of christians ?

Where did the Quran come from ?
Doe the Bible or Quran teach Violence ?
Why do some radicals hate christians ?
Why do some radicals hate musslims ?
Why in the Quran are there teachings of violence against non-believers ?
Any similarities in the Bible vs Quran ? Scripture wise.

Does the east hate the west ? and if so why ?
Does the west hate the east ? and if so why ?

Such questions as these might give us all a better understanding of whom we are as people so that we can live in harmony with eachother.

To live with eachother is to understand each other.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Uh, what is this, 50 questions in one thread? Try a bit of Googling, rather than asking for the multiple meanings of life in one thread!

Quaran v Bible? Two totally different beliefs, doctrines, dogmas, etc. Apples, oranges....you get the picture.

Does the East hate the West? Go ask a homicide bomber. Does the West hate the /East? Not until maybe recently, until recently, the East has been romanticized.

Why is there a division? Different systems of belief, ways of life, etc.

Do you see what I am saying about 50 question? Many of which are simplistic, others are Googler types.

Man, narrow it down a bit! Most of us aren't professional clerks, don't want to type that much, and nobody wants to read 5,000 word replies!

Personally, I'm worse than simply not a clerk. I flunked typing second semester twice and am using three fingers and a thumb to type!
Couldn't stay awake in class. 40 manual typewriters sounded like rain on a tin roof. Put me right to sleep!

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
::EDIT::
Thats all im saying crowne... great to see when people can answer in a positive way. thanks for the response and keep up the dilligence you obviously put into ATS... helps in this time where alot of garbage makes its way on here.... thanks for the response and your work...
::end edit::

Okay, im no expert but i do know a little bit about the Muslim tradition and so i can help set things in the right direction.

The Qu'ran was spoken to Muhammad and written down in chapters called Surah. Theyre arranged in the book by length. The book is considered to be perfect, infallible because it is the direct word of Muhammad. There are commentaries on the Qu'ran but it has little changed over time. The Muslims, as semites believe in much of the old testament. On a holy day they call Ashura Muslims believe allah saved noah from the flood, created adam, saved moses from egypt, and allah will judge the world in the end on this day.
Muslims have a strong tie with their god. The first words that a muslim child hears are the profession of faith, and those are the last words a muslim hears before death. Islam probably doesnt have purely arabic roots.
In some middle eastern countries like Iran, Pakistan, and Saudi Arabia, Shariah, is the criminal and civil law using the Qu'ran, and other holy books. Adherents to Islam are closer to their holy works than are christians. Also the religion is centuries younger. Ill address some of your questions directly.

There is a division because the prophet Muhamad(sp) wrote the Qu'ran and some people chose to believe it as the word of god.

Who wrote the Quran ?

The Qu'ran is said to be written by Muhamad(sp)

Who wrote the bible ?

The bible is a compilation of scriptures written by men supposedly inspired by god.

Who is the musslim God ?

The muslim god is the same god as the Christian god, the god of all things. Muslims and Christians and Jews for that matter are said to be descendants of David i believe, and as such have similar beliefs.

The Qu'ran is said to have been spoken to the prophet Muhamad by the archangel Gabrial in a cave, and were written down by Muhamad, who by the way was iliterate at the time.

Hope that helps a little to get things started.

-aero

[edit on 23-5-2005 by Aero]

[edit on 23-5-2005 by Aero]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
[...]
Quaran v Bible? Two totally different beliefs, doctrines, dogmas, etc. Apples, oranges....you get the picture.

[...]

Yeah, but err, apples and oranges are both fruit ...

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
They may be both fruit, but you're nuts!

How's that for an attack, Aero?

That, 0951, is a bit of humor. Don't take it seriously.

Not attacking, nor am I insulting, I'm just trying to prod posters in a better way and away from ways that we have found not to be very fruitful.
*I couldn't resist another fruit comment!*

This isn't the first laundry list, and this isn't the first time a laundry list has been responded to by moderation in such manner, and not just by me. You haven't noticed that?

Regardless, I will take into consideration your observation, and conduct a self-diagnosis of my mental disposition and writing style and see if there is an error in either. Thanks for the head's up.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truthisoutthere

Between christians and muslims? Probably because the story according to the Quran is a little bit different than what it is in the Bible

Such things as the divinity of Christ

Why is there a Quran ?

According to muslims? Because people need a definitive, final, solid, uncorruptable version of the message of God.

Who wrote the Quran ?

According to muslims, the Quran was dictated to Muhammad by God, over the period of his life, verse by verse. Muhammad then dictated it out, and whoever was around who could write it down, wrote it down. After Muhammad's death, the Quran was collected together as a single book.

Who wrote the bible ?

A large number of people, each their own book.

Who is the musslim God ?

There is a surah in the quran that directs you on how to answer such a question:
"Say, He is God, the One and Only
God the eternal, absolute (uncaused cause of all creation)
He begeteth not, nor is He begotten,
And there is non like unto Him"

Yes, creator of EVERYTHING

The Quran allows self defense only.
The position of the Bible is a little more difficult to assess. The Old Testament obviously has nothing against it, but the New Testament tells you to "Turn the other cheek". Both, however, say: "Thou shalt not murder"

Radical Muslims? I don't know. Its a very rare thing. More common (though still rare) is radicals hating western ideology.

Because they don't know the religion? Because they see the religion as "taking up space" from their own?

Why in the Quran are there teachings of violence against non-believers?

No violence, only fighting back if the muslims are being oppressed.

The basis of most of the "stories" are very similar.

Does the east hate the west ? and if so why ?

Do you mean does Islam hate the west? Some muslims may hate some buts of western ideology, and may dislike them for supporting Israel, but other than that, not really.

Does the west hate the east ? and if so why?

Probably not, but certain western ideologies are incompatible with Islamic ones. Also, certain "procedures" that western governments are following are detremental to muslims

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Christianity and Judaism and Islamism are all monotheistic Abrahamic religions that teach followers to worship the same God. Sometimes that is forgotten in the rush to defend one's own dearly held dogma.

Why would Brand X be better than Brand Y? Through advertising and brainwashing, of course.

Now turn over and have some more.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
That, 0951, is a bit of humor. Don't take it seriously.

No worries at all, irony is where I live ...

I was being a bit cheeky anyway with what could have been inferred as an awfully inflamatory post by some people ...

:-)

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
there are so many questions remain unanswerd or misunderstanding answers by muslims rerigious leaders shifting the words..

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

... but what I would like to know and understand is if these two books have ANY coralation or colaboration at all ?

The Holy Quran is the "Mother Book" of all God's revealed Scriptures. If the Torah, Psalms and Gospel of Jesus (BIBLE) has not been corrupted, ALL these Holy Books would have agreed with the Holy Quran which is the confirmation and guardian of all Revealed Scriptures.

What are the differneces between the Bible and the Quran ?

In the Bible OT, the sacrificial son of Abraham was Isaac while in the Holy Quran it was Ismael. The True Gospel of Jesus confirms that it was Ismael and not Isaac and the True Torah confirms the same, but the Jews have changed the words because they were averse at the thought of an Ismaelite Savior, hence the generations who followed after them didn't recognize their Messenger ( the Prophet Muhammad) when he came. It was also the reason why they tried to kill Jesus; because he confirmed that it was Ismael and not Isaac who is the son of promise, for this reason they accused Jesus of being an Ismaelite and tried to kill him by crucifixion which according to the Holy Quran they did not succeed in doing.

In the NT, Jesus is called the Son of God, and one of a Triune God, in the Holy Quran, God declares that He has no son and He is the ONLY ONE GOD, and that there is no God except Him. The Holy Quran,Torah and the True Gospel of Jesus confirms that there is Only One God while the OT and NT contradict each other, the former confirms Unity while the latter afirms Trinity.

These are the most glaring differences between the Holy Quran and the Bible. According to Jesus in his Gospel, if the Torah has not been corrupted, God will not send David with the Psalms, and if the Psalms has not been corrupted, then God would not have sent him with the Gospel, and if his Gospel will not be corrupted God has no need to send the Last Prophet, Muhammad with the Holy Quran. God the All-Knowing who has declared the end from the begining knew that the Scriptures will be corrupted but has appointed a time for all the Truth to be revealed.

There is division because those who formerly received the Scriptures ( Children of Israel) rebelled against God and His Messengers, they disbelieved and denied the messengers of God and killed them and changed the words of the Scriptures and severed that which God has ordered to be joined.

Why is there a Quran ?

To guide people to the Truth and to testify to the truthfulness of God's Message and His Messengers.

Who wrote the Quran ?

God revealed the Holy Quran to the Prophet Muhammad through the Angel Gabriel, who revealed it straight to the heart of the prophet Muhammad who recited it to the people to be memorized so as to preserve it from human corruption. It was later gathered into a book-form, the ONLY Scripture which still exists in the in the original language it was revealed, Arabic. A large number of Muslims today are Holy Quran memorizers and can recite the Holy Quran from memory perfectly, God has preserved His Final Testament in a unique way. Praise be to God, the Almighty, the Wise.

Who wrote the bible ?

The Bible is a collection of stories taken from the Torah, Psalms and Gospel. The theme of the NT is to make Jesus as the son of God and to foster the doctrine of Trinity. It was written almost single-handedly by Paul. The NT teachings contradicts with the Torah and the Psalm and the Holy Quran because it was written by MAN, inspired by MAN and not God.

Who is the musslim God ?

The God of Muslims is the God of Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad. He is the ONLY GOD, The Alive, The Eternal. The Lord of the Worlds.

There is Only One God who created ALL things and He is the God of All, not only of the Muslims.

From God.

The Holy Scriptures teach to Love God above ALL and to love the believers, and to give charity to parents, orphans and the needy. God's words never change, He enjoins justice and forbids oppression. He does not enjoin violence and aggression but enjoin piety and charity.

Because they uphold God's Unity while the Christians persist in Idolatry.

Because they don't know the Truth. That the God of Jesus is the God of the Muslims.

Why in the Quran are there teachings of violence against non-believers ?

Defending God's Unity is a promise binding with God in the Torah, Psalms, Gospel of Jesus and the Holy Quran. Hundreds of thousands of Israelites died in the hands of Moses and Joshua, executed by sword through God's orders when they made the Golden Calf to worship in place of God. A Muslim may kill a non-believer ONLY when he encounters him in a battlefield. A Muslim can live peacefully with a Christian or a Jew as long as they don't make war with them in terms of religion. A true Muslim fights when oppressed but does not start aggression. God does not love aggressors.

The Ten Commandments, the story of the Flood, The Exodus, The Plagues of Egypt, Sodom and Gomorrah, David and Goliath, the food prohibited to a believer listed in the Torah and more...

Such questions as these might give us all a better understanding of whom we are as people so that we can live in harmony with eachother.
To live with eachother is to understand each other.

I Hope that you will achieve your objective in this post. The Muslims are guardians of God's Unity, they love God and seek that ALL Praise be given to Him ONLY. If you have other questions about the Holy Quran and Islam, you will find that Muslim Ats'ers will be more than happy to answer you.

A message to any Muslim-hater on the forum-Do not hate Muslims just because they believe in God and defend His Unity. Whether you accept it or not, Our God is One God, Your God and the God of your forefathers is the same God that Muslims worship. Fear God. That is the beginning of Wisdom.

Peace!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Truthisoutthere

wow, a lot of the posters have given some good info. i unfortunately dont have the time right now but will endeavor to answer the second set of your questions over the weekend. In the meantime, if you are really interested in finding out the similiarities and differences then pick up a book titled 'understanding islam: from the judeo-christian perspective'. Best book i read so far and very informative without the b.s.

new topics

top topics

join