It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Abduction explanation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Night Terrors

Night Terrors - A sleep disorder that affects millions of people throughout the world.

Sufferers wake or partially wake with strange feelings of being pressed down upon, or being paralyzed. Sometimes they will wake to find themselve's in strange places, or find strange marks/injuries on their bodys. Some act out their dreams, which is what causes these injuries, and potentially nosebleeds. Others hear strange buzzing noises when going to sleep, or lose all sight while still concious. Some feel strange presences in the room.
Accounts can be read here
other sources:
2nd post in this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...
This thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sound Familiar?

It is my opinion that these sound very familiar to some accounts of alien abduction, and could explain alot. If we regard the abduction experience as some kind of psychological thing, with its general roots in the popular images of an 'alien' (grey,nordic etc.), the dreaming area of the brain could combine this with the sleep disorder to produce what one may perceive as an abducion experience.

I have experienced things akin to this and regard them as psychological. Occasionally i will wake up in the middle of the night, hot & sweaty, very fast breathing, feeling the blood rushing through my ears, convinced there is something (sometimes a grey) in the room.
I believe there is a normal explanation.

When i was about seven years old, i happened to be in the library, and picked up a book about ufos. Until i was about 9 i was virtually obsessed, devouring every peice of ufo/alien literature i could find, including many accounts of abduction, particularly by the greys ( and some by the 'blues, which you never seem to hear of here. Supposed to be like greys but with blue skin, and alot friendlier, according to one book i remember.) These memories are coming out during the dreamy state of mind during sleep, and becoming part of a night terror.

These 'night terrors' , along with other parasomnias affect a sizable proportion of the population, so, for the small number of people that claim to be abductees, it is feasable that they are a small percentage of night terror sufferers who are interpreting their terrors as being abductions.

As can be seen, I'm a bit of an ETH/Abduction sceptic ( although the Hills case does warrant study because of its originality ) , but what does everyone else think

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
minimi,

Many night terrors are abductions------and called by that name by people unable to fathom the existence of extraterrestrials.

My first ET encounters I viewed earth from space many times----this was fifty years ago, when I lived in a small village in Italy----no television, movies, or books----plus I was to young to understand any of that even if it were available. How could a child of one, two, and three years, living in third world conditions never having been exposed to anything like that conjure up flying saucers?

ETs are real----no matter how badly most people try to hide from that fact.

join