It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Board Speed as of lately..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I've been surfing this site more lately and I've noticed another huge decrease in bandwidth speed..

Are we experiencing a "busy week" or something? I know you just got the new servers and may not be eager to jump to low-bandwidth mode.. but theres been times I've waited 5+minutes for a page to load while I surfed other pages just fine..

Or maybe I'm just riding a bad router to ATS.. anyone else having obvious slow downs?

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
not to complain but...

me too...

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
yeah me too...

ive noticed it alot

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It was fine last night (UK time) but today it's been slow.
Maybe it's the amount of traffic with it being the weekend?

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I have to agree. There has been a slow down on the board response. I acccess the board via three systems, using IE, Opera, Mozilla. No difference, site is slow on all systems.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
It is kind of slow today..

Maybe its due to too much traffic. Its elevated alert today

[edit on 22-5-2005 by Quake]

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I've noticed less members online but more guests online but that just be me

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
We had some phenomenally high board use, especially at the start of the weekend. All part of our master plan to get every single person on ATS at one time. A large goal, I'll admit, but a worthy one.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Mine is horribly slow too, seems like since the new buttons were added???

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   

BLAME MICROSOFT!

From the server log file:

***.***.***.*** - - [22/May/2005:17:56:08 -0500] "GET /forum/thread118381/pg HTTP/1.0" 200 45047 "-->
"Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT; MS Search 4.0 Robot)"

We've been getting an average of these types of hits three to four times a second. If I didn't know better, I'd think it was an HTTP-based denial of service attack. (Look at the spikes on the traffic graph on the board home page.) There are over 250,000 occurances of this IP in today's log file. I've had no choice but to block the IP.

[edit on 24-5-2005 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Robot eh? Could just be a bunch of robots. Are you sure that's the IP? That points to this website.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Maybe the government,with all the terrorism activity,decided to bombard this site.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

BLAME MICROSOFT!

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   

BLAME MICROSOFT!

From the server log file:

***.***.***.*** - - [22/May/2005:17:56:08 -0500] "GET /forum/thread118381/pg HTTP/1.0" 200 45047 "-->
"Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT; MS Search 4.0 Robot)"

We've been getting an average of these types of hits three to four times a second. If I didn't know better, I'd think it was an HTTP-based denial of service attack. (Look at the spikes on the traffic graph on the board home page.) There are over 250,000 occurances of this IP in today's log file. I've had no choice but to block the IP.

SO if you want I have information on this IP that I found with some of my network tools. Such as "Advanced Administrative Tools" and "Retina eeye digital security" If you need any help u2u me and I will gladly lend my services.

I think you are more versed in security then me, but I still offer my help.

[edit on 24-5-2005 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
It's just like google bot.

No doubt Microsoft are preparing them selves for some kind of new search system.

If i was you i'd set a redirect to bounce that ip back to Microsoft.com

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   

BLAME MICROSOFT!

thats the way, blame them to hell

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
thats the way, blame them to hell

Actually, it's not Microsoft.

I've been tracking down the machine sending us high traffic, and as CPYKOmega ellued, it's not owned by MS.

After some communication with the service provider hosting the machine, it's been apparently compromised and directed to attack ATS.

top topics

join