It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exorcism

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Has anyone had any experience with exorcisms or demonic possesion?

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Yes, I was once part of a team which investigated and event which was accepted as a real possession.

From my perspective what was in the person seemed akin to a "disease (but not one within the normal range of such considered common)."

One conclusion that was made was that the individual had been afflicted in such a way that he became of himself from an orientation which was to much for his consciousness to resolve. Something took advantage of that situation (it seemed aware and cognizant of where it was and what it was doing).

Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I think generally possession is the manifestation of an outward projection of inner demons.

I have seen and dealt with a few.

Success is totally dependent on belief structures.

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I guess - regardless of what's actually taking place -they must happen in a somewhat official way still: it's a part of Roman ritual and acceptable among Protestants.
It happpens all the time in various parts of Asia.

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Happens as well a lot in South America and the Caribbean. You seldom hear about it in the US or for that matter in Europe, could be the data is being suppressed.

The one I was involved with included sudden temperature changes in the room the patient was in, speaking in languages which the patient did not know and super human strength.

There was a psychiatrist involved in this was well 10 mg of haldol will put a normal person to sleep for three days. With respect to your average criminally insane psychotic, two of these dosages per day will subdue there desires to harm others.

The patient in question was being given 40 mg twice daily, he was alert and difficult to control without restraints.

As far as the aforementioned unique experiences there was no effect upon it due to the medication.

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Im not very familiar with other religions on what they term as ''possesed'' but as far as the Christian Church is concerned there is people that become possesed and do not know of it.....depending on what extreme of ''possesion'' is involved.

Voodoo (I think? ) do rituals that involve being possesed by a demon or some type of god....and they speak in wierd languages, to which I believe is an actual demon that has possesed them.....though I dont know if the people that actualy get involved in this type of ritual are in the know of what they are doing is quite dangerous .........though they do perform some sort of ''Exorsicm'' I cannot see a demon helping another demon being 'exorcised''....

Any act that is performed using chants or spells or supernatural means of contact is an actual means of getting possesed without the person knowing what they are getting themselves involved in....

There is people that do not realize that they are possesed until they hear words of an exorcism that is performed at church every year......
I have actually met a few people that were in similar situations of being possesed.......
....I walked into an Othodox book shop once and outside was a guy who was sitting down drinking 'metho' and I asked him if he believed in God....he replyed ''Of course I do, why am i here?
I told him that drinking that stuff would kill him....
He told me to go read my Christian books and pray for him,
As i walked in he yelled out.....The devil will win ......The guys eyes were pretty freaky and they seemed to have taken a scary form about them....he went on to say that he did pray but the devil wins all the time.......I came out and talked to him about prayer, and he listened ,but then he would yell out words that did not make sense .....I did leave him after awhile because he started to laugh and drink his 'metho'....he did not get violent, but did look pretty scary.....
Usually when a prayer is read ....the possesed person will act uncomfotably and make you want to stop the prayer by using fowl language or making fun of God.....
helen....

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
Voodoo (I think? ) do rituals that involve being possesed by a demon or some type of god....and they speak in wierd languages, to which I believe is an actual demon that has possesed them.

It's god-possession, not demon possession and they don't drive the god away; the god leaves.

Exorcism is a 'driving away.'

Usually when a prayer is read ....the possesed person will act uncomfotably and make you want to stop the prayer by using [sic]fowl language or making fun of God.....

It depends on the type of exorcism. It also depends on the nature of the spirit. Frankly, if you try a Christian ritual to chase off a Japanese bakemono you're not going to get very far.

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Voodoo (I think? ) do rituals that involve being possesed by a demon or some type of god....and they speak in wierd languages, to which I believe is an actual demon that has possesed them.

It's god-possession, not demon possession and they don't drive the god away; the god leaves.

Exorcism is a 'driving away.'

Usually when a prayer is read ....the possesed person will act uncomfotably and make you want to stop the prayer by using [sic]fowl language or making fun of God.....

It depends on the type of exorcism. It also depends on the nature of the spirit. Frankly, if you try a Christian ritual to chase off a Japanese bakemono you're not going to get very far.

Hi Byrd!
What's a baked mono???
sorry!
Whats a bakemono?
helen

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Who do you want me to possess???

DRAGON TOWER

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by maynardsthirdeye
Has anyone had any experience with exorcisms or demonic possesion?

Yes, I've dealt with someone that was demon possessed. This girl that used to hang around our church group -- I wont reveal her name or anything but one night with a friend he tried to cast the demon out-- I say try because I found out that he was only doing it for his own glory and not the redemption of this girl.. how sad. Even the demons knew what he was doing to her. I could have put a stop to it right then and there but I was too afraid to speak up.

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Whats a bakemono?
helen

A Japanese demon. It's kind of a catch-all for the various evil spirits such as kappa (water demon rather similar to the Pookah or Each Uisge www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk... ), mono-no-ke (evil spirits), oni (large demons with mouths in their stomachs), ten-gu, and yamanba or yama-ubu (a mountain witch).

And the kitsune.

Not a Bible nor cross will keep them out.

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The same problems are known to occur with respect to American Indian evil spirits only a Shaman can deal with them.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Actually.........Demons are Demons!
Whether they are Japanese or another religious Demon.......An Exorcism of the willing party can and will drive It out!

I look at the Bible as the Word of God.....and Demons are known to manifest themselves into whatever form they wish to.....be it a Bakemono or another type of Demon.....all are evil and can be driven out with an exorcism .........
This Bakemono???
Does it possses the body or is it Bodiless???
helen...

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toltec
The same problems are known to occur with respect to American Indian evil spirits only a Shaman can deal with them.

Hi Toltec.....
I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one.....

I actually do beleive that Demons are evil spirits and are frightning us into believing that we are not able to get rid of them...
Being posssesed by any demon can be driven out by fasting ,prayer and faith in God.....an exorcism performed by the church with your help can rid evil ........

I know that each 'religion' or spiritual beliefs have their own demons or whatever name they go by, but the fact remanins that demons are bodiless and do not have the right hurt the body they posses but will weaken the mond and make the person lose hope in fighting the evil........that is why strength is needed in the belief of hope,love ,and faith in ridding oneself of evil when an exorcism is performed....without the help of God nothing truly can be achieved.
helen....
they are my beliefs....

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Hey Helen in respect to the phenomenon of Exorcisms cultural orientation does seem to play a role. It may have a lot to do with the issue of the individual being attacked there individual struggle and there faith.

My impression is that is good news as it is apparent
that the person is a factor in the cure.

Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Toltec.....quote///My impression is that is good news as it is apparent
that the person is a factor in the cure.

Any thoughts?

Sorry i dont understand what you mean?

Are you saying that the person whom is being exorcized is driving out the demons on his own because he sees that as good news?
helen....

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 02:30 AM
link   
No, I am saying that the person being possessed is conscious (the patient I dealt with knew everything that had happened after the exorcism was over). The faith they have and what they believe, makes a difference to them. And when the techniques respective of there cultures methodology to exorcise is applied, they respond to it.

In essence, they make a difference for successfully breaking away from the evil spirit and what they believe as relevant to them is an issue. Demons may in fact be demons and evil spirits are as well evil spirits but what a person believes makes a difference to them and when the correct methodology is applied (respective to a person faith) the exorcism works otherwise it does not.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toltec
No, I am saying that the person being possessed is conscious (the patient I dealt with knew everything that had happened after the exorcism was over). The faith they have and what they believe, makes a difference to them. And when the techniques respective of there cultures methodology to exorcise is applied, they respond to it.

In essence, they make a difference for successfully breaking away from the evil spirit and what they believe as relevant to them is an issue. Demons may in fact be demons and evil spirits are as well evil spirits but what a person believes makes a difference to them and when the correct methodology is applied (respective to a person faith) the exorcism works otherwise it does not.

That is better!
Yes I do agree with the patient being conscious of what is happening to them at the time of the exorcism....

If the person being exorcised is not willing to let the demon go....then an exorcism will probably not be any good to him........if he is bodily weakbecause of the demon possesion then many exorcisms and prayers must be allowed to be performed regularly.....again if the patient is willing....

Does that make sense?
helen.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I agree in the state the patient is in its seems important to use symbols and words the patient is most familiar with.

It is not to say something is wrong with the alternatives its just that the symbols and words related to cultural upbringing are more ingrained, easier to recognize and with respect to the memories of the patient. More information is specifically understood in respect to the details of his or her personal faith.

With respect to the alternatives often times much less is known and the issue of stereotypes is a factor.

Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Actually.........Demons are Demons!
Whether they are Japanese or another religious Demon.......An Exorcism of the willing party can and will drive It out!

Really, it doesn't work. There are GENERIC exorcisims that will get rid of the problem, but if you start getting culture specific, it doesn't seem to work and may make things much worse.

This Bakemono??? Does it possses the body or is it Bodiless???

They have bodies and can be thought of as cannibal monster demons. There are other demons that possess people (the kitsune do sometimes, as do the Badger-spirits.)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join