It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Releasing 9-1-1 audio tapes to media is invasion of privacy!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Why are 9-1-1 emergency calls released to the media? Isn't that an invasion of privacy? I'm surprised the ACLU hasn't done anything about it nor that anyone has sued over it or boycotted the emergency call centers.

Nothing short of my house burning down would make me call that number, even if then I'd threated to sue if they released to the call to the media (tv stations, etc), I'd drive to the hospital myself if I was half dead rather than call 9-1-1 since they don't respect privacy, nor does the media.

Does anyone else have a distain of these practices by emergency call numbers?

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
How is it an invasion of privacy? When you call 911, you are calling a public agency. Most police records are public information, same with 911 calls.

-koji K.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Exactly. This is not an invasion of privacy. Public tax dollars fund 911 and like emergency services, so in all fairness, 911 calls are a matter of public record. I dnt see at all what youre making such a big deal of it. Its not like any secret, torrid, damning personal secrets are being splattered about. The content of the 911 calls is common knowldege, and should be made public, as the citizens of America have a right to know everything that went on that day including calls and emergencies.

If youre that paranoid, then by all means, let your house burn down or die in a wreck on your way to the emergency room. Suppose it will free up the line for others who have emergencies they need immediate assistance with.

join