It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Koran "Flushed"? Maybe. Constitution flushed by Bush? Certainly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Wasn't sure if I could fit the entire title in the subject field.

At any rate: Koran "Flushed"? Maybe; Our Constitution, By President Bush, With Iraq War? Certainly

2004 Constitution Party presidential candidate Michael Peroutka points out that Bush's war is unconstitutional (of course). He also makes a very valid point--Muslims in Pakistan were rioting because the Koran MIGHT have been flushed, but hardly anyone here so much as makes a peep when Bush trashes the Constitution. Peroutka makes an excellent point here.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
If it was just Bush who flushed the Constitution, then you'd have a point in my book. The Constitution has been in the toilet for some time now, so it's hardly news.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
If it was just Bush who flushed the Constitution, then you'd have a point in my book. The Constitution has been in the toilet for some time now, so it's hardly news.

Oh, I know people have been hacking at it for decades. It's just that Bush is going really crazy with the scissors now that it's his turn!

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I wish it were so simple as Bush...

And i do mean "as simple as Bush"... but Karl Rove is the real brains behind the Whitehouse. No one ever mistook W as a viable candidate for anything 20 years ago; he can't speak, he can barely think, has a *very* shaky past... but Rove saw the "loveable" (marketable) side of him, and knew his fathers cronies. Rove used to make most of the critical decisions (lots of documentation on this, even in Ghost Wars), but at this point might only consulted on the tricky decisions (still every day).

And even Rove isn't the real culprit... it's the leadership of the Republican party in general that deserves credit here (please note that i am not a Democrat). Since the beginning of the Clinton years, they have resorted to every tactic they could to "win the game". Even Fillibusterring just as many judicial nominees as the Democrats are today. But also redistricting... which gave them so much more power, and wrongly. Then panderring and propagandizing even more heavilly to corporations, the rich, the elderly, the religious conservatives and the ultra right wing... all of whom vote more than most any other demographic segment (of course, the corporations do it with their money, but this is in keeping with tradition for the "trickle-down" party). But game winning is not what they should be seeking; representing constituents (not creating them) is the point in a Republic.

But even still, we are not at the bottom of this... The public is so apathetic, anesthatized, and contented with consumerist goals... they will simply follow a party line and think themselves active, thoughtfull and intelligent citizens. *And that's the real danger.*

Since the only ways to change the constitution (instead of simply ignoring it) is by

1. convincing a ridiculously massive percentage of the population that it should and must change; and in the ways suggested... so that representatives in power carry out the will of the people at large and have an easy time ammending the constitution. All are happy.

2. convincing just enough of the population, or winning just enough representation in power (not necessarilly the same thing), to make it squeak through ("Tyranny of the Majority")... no matter what anyone says. Come to think of it... it doesn't really matter what the constituency thinks, does it? Once a representative is in position, he can vote whatever way he wants. And often, that's the Party way (especially with the current Republikkkan leadership). so, well, i guess that just about wraps it up, eh?

I understand and agree with your posts, Amethyst and KrazyJoe... i just had to expound on this matter. been on my mind lately.

[edit on 21-5-2005 by TheeStateMachine]

new topics

top topics

join