It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever get that feeling deep down inside of you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The feeling that your slipping into a deep dark void and there is nothing you or anyone can do to stop it. The feeling of being completely helpless and utterly weak. The feeling of being totally alone and knowing that no one is coming to save you. The feeling of being broken and that you've lost all your hope. The feeling of knowing that your not even a decent person, much less one destined for greatness. The feeling of being truly scared and insecure knowing that all of your dreams and long felt desires won't come true. The feeling of knowing that you just a small and totaly insignificant person in a universe inconceivably immense. The feeling that life is passing you by and there is nothing you can do to stop it or slow it down. The feeling of knowing that you have achieved nothing in all this time you've had and missing out on all of the opportunities given to you. The deep feeling of sadness inside of your heart and soul as they shrivel away and die...

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
no.:shk::shk::shk::shk:

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
been there plenty of times, but in time it does pass on and get better. Hang in there.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
been there plenty of times, but in time it does pass on and get better. Hang in there.

Dude... I've been like this for atleast the past 4 years...

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Assert yourself, that is the only advice I can offer, Time does not change things, you must make change happen. Don't be afraid of the unkown, take control and embrace whatever may come with open arms.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by beyondSciFi
The feeling that your slipping into a deep dark void and there is nothing you or anyone can do to stop it. The feeling of being completely helpless and utterly weak. The feeling of being totally alone and knowing that no one is coming to save you. The feeling of being broken and that you've lost all your hope....

You met my wife?

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Are you in your teenage years? That feeling about sums up those years for me.

People who are scared of being alone will always be alone in some sense. The idea that there is some other half of you out there also indicates that you are not a whole person. That is why I believe this concept to be nothing more then a romantic notion at best and an excuse to cling to attachments at worse. We are all alone when it comes down to it as we seperate ourselves via ego and if we are going to do that then we might as well find contentment in being alone.

Does that make sense to anyone but me or have I not had enough coffee yet?

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Are you in your teenage years? That feeling about sums up those years for me.

Im 27... and I have felt like this for more then 4 years now that I think about it. I think it started when I was like 16...

Originally posted by Jonna
That is why I believe this concept to be nothing more then a romantic notion at best and an excuse to cling to attachments at worse.

Well... I've always liked the idea of the perfect romance, maybe thats why I feel lonely...

[edit on 20-5-2005 by beyondSciFi]

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I am living with a girl that I have been in a relationship with for 4 years now and I still consider myself alone. That is not to say that I do not love her and feel loved, but rather that I understand that no one will ever view or experience things in the way that I do because they will not see it with my eyes and mind. This is the same for all people, it's nothing special to me. The thing is that I do not attach being alone with loneliness, which seems difficult for most to separate. Humans have evolved to be communal animals, to feel the need to have others of like mind around them. However this does not mean we HAVE TO BE as such. What happens when you never find anyone of like mind to attach yourself too? Personally, I find much comfort in just being alone. I enjoy myself very much. Don't think that it did not take me time to get there as I have had just as much psychological baggage as everyone else, but over time you have to make a choice. That decision is whether to take control of yourself or be controled by yourself. The later is negative because it amplifies all of your fears and anzietys about who you see yourself as and who you fear others see you as.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
My advise is, Its your bed you got to make it, 27yrs old, your still young you still have a heck of alot of things to get out of life,

The feeling of being truly scared and insecure knowing that all of your dreams and long felt desires won't come true

You dont know this, thats the beauty of life
ok you may not grab the star but heck you can reach for the next best thing, Dont give up

We all get dark times, we just have to fight through them. maybe you should take up poetry find away to express your thoughts when your down

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
We all get dark times, we just have to fight through them. maybe you should take up poetry find away to express your thoughts when your down

There is something that keeps my faith alive, but then it slowly fades away and I wake up. It wasnt real... and then I feel like # again (probably due to the hangover). I dont know how I make it through each day, but I try to keep my mind on other things. Its not too bad if im not thinking about it. And I have tryed poetry... turns out im not too good at it... lol

[edit on 20-5-2005 by beyondSciFi]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Its not like there is nobody there for you. I'm sure there is a person there for you, like a friend or something. Then, there is always God, and He'll always be there for you. I'll keep you in my prayers that you feel better.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Write poetry...

Thats what I do...

Many people dont notice it at all, but I feel like that alot...I was given zoloft cause they say its because of depression...but when that wears off the feeling is back...the feelings you described...and the feelings my friends really hate me...and only are pretending to be my friend....like I do to some people...specially my friend Hillary...lately shes been pretty cold towards me...

anyhow, I act happy and goofy alot...trying to hide that from other people...some people only see me as a goof ball, a hyper kid who is allways causing trouble...but yeah...I am like that alot on the inside...

People think I'm a bright happy kid most of the time...but when they read my poetry they see the darker side of me...

my advice is write out those feelings in poetry...remember it doesn't have to rhyme...but...when you can write out your feelings, the somewhat happy feelings come out...make it easier to cover up the bad feelings...

I'm probably not making sence so I will just stop right here and now

Peace Out,
~*Reikuro*~

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
These kind of posts are 9 times outta 10 - one hundred times worse than what they really are - and are usually attempts at getting attention... But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt...

Firstly, there are 7-Billion people in the world, all it takes is for you to go out there and meet them... Having the pre-conception in your mind that you are doomed to fail and remain lonely until the day you die is useless... and if you end up slitting your wrist because some b!tch didn't want you - you're better off dead...

Life is can be as hard and as easy as you want it to be - its your life, live it how ever you wanna... There is nothing to stop you from doing anything, except yourself - and that can easily be changed: Read a book, join and organisation, hell you could do me a favour and kill George W.

You can sit around spending 16 hours a day infront of a computer screen complaining how nobody loves you... Or you can go out and make a difference in the world, become active, become successful and show all those ex-girlfriends of yours that you aren't the pathetic person they dumped you for...

If you feel like you are going no where in life, perhaps its time to get off the treadmill and go for a walk outside - Life is filled with limitless possibilities, and all it takes to realise that is to pull your finger out, and get on with it... Venting your emotions is only the first step, reversing those negative feelings into positive energy is the next one...

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Thanks for the tips guys, I feel much better. I just watch two movies this weekend that really made me change my opinion about my life. After seeing City of God and Scarface it made me realize that I actually have it really good in life compared to these movies and the rest of the world really. So I'll stop whining like a little self-centered bitch, after all I could be spending my time doing something else more productive with my time. Man... those movies really game me the wake up call I needed.

top topics

join