It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What religion do you follow?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I was raised without a religion - my parents didn't get me christened, i learnt 'about' religion and was encouraged to follow my own path. I did believe in god for a year or so when i first started school - i went to a christian school and biblical statements were taught in the same way as say maths - factual, you don't argue with a teacher. I stopped believing when i was about 8. In my early teens i was drawn to numerous pagan views. Pagan outlooks on energy and aura still shape my beliefs, and i douse and appreciate energy within nature - but thats where my path ended - i never believed in god(s)/deities.
Now i class myself as a modern/eclectic Satanist - which basically means i follow my own moral code, yet share a core of fundamental views with other satanists. I still have strong beliefes about energy and energy manipulation that started to form when i grew interested in pagan outlooks. I'm also intrueged/influenced by sumerian mythology and like to look into ancient wisdom.

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I am a pro-Christian follower of Jesus Christ, the One who came and led a perfect life, yet laid done that life so that He may pay the price for our sins.

The fact that some make it a point to label a belief "anti-Christian" bolsters my faith, letting me know that we are in the last few days of the Chruch Age, and are going to soon enter a short period of time when some will get their wish and have no Christians running around reminding them that they in fact need God.

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I joined the Raelian Movement in the spring of 2000. The Raelian Movement is an international religious organization, which claims that a human extraterrestrial race, called the Elohim, used DNA and genetic engineering, to scientifically create all life on Earth. The name, Elohim, is found in the Hebrew Bible and was mistranslated into the word "God". The Raelian Movement also claims that Jesus was resurrected using an advanced cloning technique performed by the Elohim.

The Raelian Movement has recently been in the news globally because of their involvement in a company called 'Clonaid'. This company was founded in February 1997, by Ra�l, the leader of the Raelian Movement.
Ra�l handed over the CLONAID� project four years ago to Dr. Brigitte Boisselier, a Raelian Bishop, who is now Managing Director of CLONAID�. Dr. Brigitte Boisselier has founded a new company that is now carrying out the CLONAID� projects as well as other projects presented herein. The name and the location of this company are currently being kept secret for obvious security reasons.

For more detailed info go to:
www.rael.org...
www.clonaid.com...

I'm not a practising member since I married my Moroccan wife in 2002. She's a muslim and a very religious person who truly believes in the Islam. It's hard to change her opinion simply because she doesn't accept a different view.

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I should say pagan, or norse here, but in all reality, I'm a non-denominational christian. which means I=Liberal, just like 99% of the rest of my faith's followers. Heh. Peace.

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 09:27 AM
link   
A Muslim and a Raelian...now that's an interesting marriage, hehe...

Wow, a resident Raelian....that should make this forum interesting, .....

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Haha, I never expected to meet a knight in shining armor on this forum either.
Congratz with your upcoming wedding. That castle sure does look nice!

Yes, my marriage is pretty fascinating! Me and my wife Kaoutar first met in Marrakech in the fall of 2000 while I was on a three week journey through Morocco. We just fell in love and we decided to give it a shot. We got married on february 2nd 2002 in Marrakech. Now she's living with me in Holland, in a town near the belgian border.
In Marocco I myself am a muslim as well, yet only on paper and only in Morocco! I've read a large part of the Koran and I've seen a lot of the Moroccan culture and how Moroccan people practise the Islam and it's believes. Yet, I do have to say that after spending some time in a developing Islamic country as Morocco it's surely nice to go home again.

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Religion is that whenever I take a s**t I use toilet paper; religion means repetition. Faith is denominal however discernment is a futile separation of human beings into categorized sub-groups that lead to inner conflict and bigotry. I know my faith and choose to act it out as practical rather than justify or speak of it as a mere topical which really only devalues one's spiritual essence to their own beliefs and others. Keep it down, live it. Or are you too weak to try?

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Lucifer,
Do you seem to despise organized religion?
Deep

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join