It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like th US is going into the government building business...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Well, I have mixed feelings about this one.

Apparently Bush wants to create the " Active Response Corps ".

It seems that Dubya is selling this as a help or relief type of organization, but if you read the article, and more importantly between the lines, you can see the danger here.

Article

"Washington - President Bush, seeking to put muscle behind a promise to support young democracies, said Wednesday the administration is creating a special corps of federal workers that will deploy quickly to help foreign governments in crisis.

Citing the lengthy and difficult task of setting up the U.S.-run occupation government in Iraq after Saddam Hussein's ouster, Bush is proposing $100 million next year for a new conflict response fund and $24 million for a new Office of Reconstruction and Stabilization in the State Department. That office will coordinate U.S. government efforts to support emerging democracies, with the new Active Response Corps of foreign and civil service officers as a crucial tool, Bush said...."

Anybody else see this as an "Occupation Management" group?

Mmmm...This can easily be contrued as a step towards the dark side my young padowans....Danger ahead...

[edit on 19-5-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Ahhh....Moved to "Other" Politics to die a quiet death. Oh well

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

Anybody else see this as an "Occupation Management" group?

Nevertheless, hello!

I will respond.

The Federal Workers Occupation Management Parties (FWOMPs) for each "young democracy" can best succeed if they each have an SS/Gestapo, and a Propaganda Division, and a Joy Division for the troops. There are not many lessons that the Bush family has failed to learn through the history of collaborating with its cronies in war profiteering.

join