It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kuwaiti women hail voting rights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Kuwaiti women hail voting rights move as historic.

Kuwaiti women hail voting rights

Kuwaiti women hailed as historic a decision to allow them to vote and run for parliament -- a law passed despite fierce resistance by Islamist and conservative MPs.

"Thank God now we've got our rights," university professor Siham Freih said on Tuesday. "Until yesterday Kuwait's image to the world was tarnished because women were taking part in all professional fields but were deprived of the vote."

The Al Qabas daily said: "May 16, the day parliament gave women their full political rights is a special day in Kuwait's history and will go down as a 'national' day like Independence Day."

This is a very great think that has happened and I hope that this will be the domino that will set the other dominos off in the middle East.

There is no freedom when all are not treated equally.

This is very good news. Good Luck to them all!!!

-Reason

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I find it odd that no one has posted to this thread.

You would think that something like this would be considered very important in the decromatization of the Arab world.

I guess I am the only one.

Any thoughts?

-Reason

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
This is great news, I think there was another thread on this somewhere though, maybe on PTS?

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   
It is encouraging.

AFAIK Kuwit is run by one family though so quite what the Parliament can actually do is debatable.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   
yes already covered here a day or so ago
politics.abovetopsecret.com...
thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join