It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Revolution... is coming.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
As reported by USA Today and possibly leaked by Gamespy, here's a (possible) picture of the Nintendo Revolution... it could very well be real.

See more here... media.cube.ign.com...

I for one think the design looks much nicer than the XBOX 360 and (ESPECIALLY) the PS3. It's sleek, no real size to it, and hey, it's got a trayless drive (like the PS3)!

More about the Revolution will be released later today at E3. More news as it's available.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

[edit on 5/17/05 by prophetmike]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I'm happier than I've ever been. Downloadable classics like NES-N64 games, DS connectability, wireless internet gameplay, backwards compatibility, a new Zelda, Mario, DK and Metriod game for RS (BTW Revolution is official), it's so awesome. And best of all....... *drum roll*....

Nintendo has given mention to the three purest words in the history of gaming...... *drum roll*......

Puts on best announcer voice........

SUPER SMASH BROS.
Yep thats right, SSB for RS. How much better can things get?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
w0w!!!

super smash bros. will look crazy on this!!!

as cyberdude78 said...

but...

im still buying PS3 first...

[edit on 17-5-2005 by they see ALL]

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I can not wait to humiliate myself in Super Smash Bros. over the internet. It's going to be so much fun. Hey heres an idea, once it's out in 06 let's have an ATS tournament.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
PS3 and revoloution i am getting possibly the XBOX, but all zelda fans must get the twilight princess it is the best looking zelda game ever.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I'm just going to buy Revolution. X-Box 360 is going to be $300 and PS3 is supposedly going to be a whopping $450! Thats outrageous. Assuming RS is about $200 I'll just stick with that. Besides, I want to play Super Smash Bros. on RS.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I'm gona get an Xbox 360 then a ps3 then the revolution. The only reason i wanna get the revolution is for super smash bros. I love that game. Can't wait dor halo3 on xbox 360 *droools*

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Good luck affording all three of them. Anyhow I just saw confirmation that RS will have Super Smash Bros with online capabiltiy for sure. Also Revolution will for sure be the smallest, followed by X-Box 360 and then PS3 which will supposedly be larger than the current X-Box.

[edit on 5/24/2005 by cyberdude78]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I'd rather have mine large and powerful (well not to large just small enough so it fits on my entertainment center hehe) My grandparents will buy me the most expensive one. My parents will buy me the 2nd most expensive one. I will buy the least expensive one with christmas money and money from my other grandparents.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
I'd rather have mine large and powerful

But how can you assume that size equals power? For all we know Revolution could be the most powerful despite it's size. Seing as they havne't released any specs you never know.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Size= they can fit more stuff in their=more powerful stuff/features....

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
That would make sense, but technology doens't always play by those rules. For example I've seen laptops more powerful than desktops. The desktop is obviously larger yet the laptop is more powerful. Size is far from any gurantee of power.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
they are just now catching up with xbox and ps. nintendo is done in the US. playstation will be next.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I don't know KrazyIvan, Nintendo has been gaining a good bit more support lately stateside. Plus with lessons learned from GC's launch I think that Nintendo will fare much better then they did last time. Considering Sony's dieing support that I've noticed, I think that if Nintendo plays the game of marketing correctly they could very well realese a gaming revolution against Sony's arrogance. But it all depends on how they apply lessons learned. Of course with Reggie Fils-Anime on board I don't think he'll let Nintendo take any shots lightly this time around.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I forsee the revolution as an actual revolution of gaming. It will have the "impressive" reverse capabilities, but it will have a WIFI system on board. Not only that, but I am sure that the Nintendo products/games will probably be better than the other two. Also nothing but completely wireless controllers. (Everyone knows that the Wavebird surpasses all else in wireless...)

I don't see them outdoing the others, but I do sense their fanbase will grow much stronger with it being able to download every game ever. And the new games are pretty much going to rock your socks off. I can't wait until they unveil the next line of games like Pikmin, Metroid, Mario (I know he's the devil...), SSB (Am the master of SSB and can't wait to challenge you roody-poo candy-asses.), and Zelda. (What's going to happen after TP?)

top topics

join