It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The new Diet Coke w/Splenda is the best soft drink ever!

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Has anyone else tried this stuff yet? It tastes almost exactly like regular Coke, but just slightly less sweet. It's perfect! Tastewise, the old Diet Coke isn't even in the same league.






I just hope I haven't done irreparable damage to my body with the old Aspartame laced Diet Coke.:shk:

Peace

[edit on 16-5-2005 by Dr Love]




posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
splenda is sucralose, a chlorocarbon. Chlorocarbons are amongst the most dangerous chemicals around. Furthermore, tests on splenda showed dramatic shrinkage on the thymus gland. Even without being a physician, you have to figure that this isn't a good thing. I'm afraid that splenda isn't such a splendid substance. In fact, as time goes on, I'm willing to bet that the negatives surrounding splenda will grow into a list just as long as the list for aspartame and sacharine. If you want to enjoy a Coke, go ahead, but make it a "pause that refreshes" and not your main source of liquid. Try drinking more water, tea and real fruit juice. It's healthier.


apc

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Splenda is essentially bleached, the chlorine in "chlorocarbon." The chlorine damages the thyroid, resulting in thyroid disfunction and eventually failure. The more you think splenda helps you lose weight, the fatter you get.
www.rense.com...



posted on May, 16 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I'll take my real sugar, thanks




Diet anything is just nasty, I can't stand the taste of any artifical sweetners.



posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
when you have regular splenda 'granules' that are suppose to imitate sugar granules 99% of what you see is actaully filler



posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
when you have regular splenda 'granules' that are suppose to imitate sugar granules 99% of what you see is actaully filler


Wonder what the filler is. More yumminess.



posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I can always tell when I take a sip of some "diet" soda.....it is just plain nasty.

I believe it is common sense to know that anything that is synthetic can't be good for you.

I'll stick with good old sugar



posted on May, 16 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I use splenda in my tea and like the taste more then sugar (its not as sweet)

Considering sugar would kill me splenda is not a bad substitute



posted on May, 16 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Splenda is a fantastic sugar substitute. The sugar industry has been fearmongering over synthetic substitutes ever since they first began appearing, but no real danger has ever been supported by data. I haven't tasted the new Diet Cok, but I'm sure it's great, I like Splenda in tea etc.



posted on May, 17 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
splenda is sucralose, a chlorocarbon. Chlorocarbons are amongst the most dangerous chemicals around. Furthermore, tests on splenda showed dramatic shrinkage on the thymus gland. Even without being a physician, you have to figure that this isn't a good thing. I'm afraid that splenda isn't such a splendid substance. In fact, as time goes on, I'm willing to bet that the negatives surrounding splenda will grow into a list just as long as the list for aspartame and sacharine. If you want to enjoy a Coke, go ahead, but make it a "pause that refreshes" and not your main source of liquid. Try drinking more water, tea and real fruit juice. It's healthier.


I'm truly disappointed after reading your post. It's always something damnit!!! I looked at this as a miracle since I drink about 20 Diet Cokes a day.
I can't even drink regular Coke anymore because it's too sweet.

Like dj and Amok, I'll probably continue to ingest it and hope for the best.

Peace



posted on May, 17 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Diet coke is for girls! lol




regular cocacola always sucked, it gives my like phlemg sorta, like makes saliva build up and when i try to stip it out it's like a freaking bunging cord hanging out my mouth doing some sort of elastic manourversbell



posted on May, 17 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
regular cocacola always sucked, it gives my like phlemg sorta, like makes saliva build up and when i try to stip it out it's like a freaking bunging cord hanging out my mouth doing some sort of elastic manourversbell


Thanks for sharing that beautiful image so graphically with us, Lysergic! :w:



posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Diet coke is for girls! lol


**looks downstairs and double checks**

I guess there's an exception to every rule.

Peace



posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by Lysergic
regular cocacola always sucked, it gives my like phlemg sorta, like makes saliva build up and when i try to stip it out it's like a freaking bunging cord hanging out my mouth doing some sort of elastic manourversbell


Thanks for sharing that beautiful image so graphically with us, Lysergic! :w:


ok just try something, drink an entire can of coke, then just spit try to.

elastic spit cords man, tiny microscopic organisms are doing bungee jumps by their ankles if you look closesly :p




top topics



 
0

log in

join