It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tag Team Collaborative Fiction - Contest Cancelled

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Thank you all for your participation in this the Collaborative Fiction forum and Short Stories subforum. I am proposing something a little different for the next writing contest. This contest is eligible to anyone with "Writer" status under their member name, because it will be a Collaborative Fiction story! That means you will have between now and May 31st to submit to me: Your Team

Use this thread to show your interest in participation and to find other writers that you would like to collaborate with. Each team should consist of 2-3 writers, you may have more if you wish, but the minimum is 2 writers for each entry. You can only be on 1 team.

You will then announce your team to me via u2u. All further communication with your team will be done strictly via u2u's until you start the story.

Each team selects a leader who starts the story and the thread. Each writer should have a minimum 3 entries into each story. There is no word limit to the story.

Once you and your team have agreed on ideas and direction you may beginning posting in the Collaborative Fiction forum All entries will be flagged and must be in by June 2nd, no later. Your team will have from the time the first post until June 30 to complete the story.
Team Leaders title your entry: with (TTCF) as the prefix.

The topic is.........Anything Conspiracy Related!!! That's right free reign, anything you wish, any angle, any conspiracy, but conspiracy must be involved.

Now make friends, share your talents and creativity and find that winning team

Use this thread for any further questions or clarification. I'm sure I forgot something

Contest Cancelled for Now

[edit on 6-5-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Hey rockstars, I'm game (kinda bummed it wasn't a choose your own adventure, tho
). So, instead of if you're ever down in Texas look me up, I'll say if you're ever down in TTCF, look me up!

Rock, rock on! Go WW!

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Count me in!

PICK ME! PICK ME!

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I'm in. What i wish to do is lead a team of exactly 4 highschool students.(me and three others) I want to prove this generation's creative ability. If you want to be on my team, send me a u2u with your best idea.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I forgot, prizes will be the same as the last contest, except you get to decide among your team members how you wanted them distributed.

glad to see some interest already

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I think I know who I'd want as a writing partner on this deal...... guesses anyone?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Yeah....that's right. That's how me and TDH roll...

Twenties. Nothing but.

When can we start putting up work?

DE

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Once you have decided on your team leader, you can start posting. the earlier you form your teams, the more time you have to collaborate. BUT all teams should be decided by May 31st!!!!

Team leaders should send me a u2 with a list of team members. Just make sure your entry has (TTCF) in the title and I'll be sure to flag it.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   

I'm in. What i wish to do is lead a team of exactly 4 highschool students.(me and three others) I want to prove this generation's creative ability. If you want to be on my team, send me a u2u with your best idea.

Please, i really want to get a team together as soon as possible. Anybody?
-tom

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
looks like we don't have many interested "writers"
If there isn't enough response by 5/31, I will cancel this one.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I think that no one is intrested in doing the work for split points. If you up the reword, you should expect to see an increase in intrest. I don't really care about the points, but i know that alot of people do.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
i'm very dissappointed if so called "writers" are participating in contests only for points. I would have hoped that they just wanted to be better writers and share their creativity with the community.

I know some very good writers on ATS and I'm 100% confident they do not share their talents with us for points.

The use of points is only a side benefit and way to acknowledge great contributions.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Then the lack of responce truely is a disappointment.
Well, i still hope to construct a team and write the story. Contest or no contest. (points or no points)

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I want to participate, but I haven't written short stories since grade 9. I am an avid poetry writer, but lack writing short stories.

I was wondering if we are ever going to have another poetry contest. As I remember having one years back. One member tried to start one going a week ago, but the thread got trashed because he wasn't a moderator and only mods can carry out contests.

I can almost guarantee that we will get a much bigger response with a poetry contest instead of a short story contest. As poetry takes less time and is more personal.

I would like to see a poetry contest again in motion, but that is up to worldwatcher. Hopefully after this short story contest is over we may have one?

[edit on 5-19-2005 by CPYKOmega]

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Nvermind, I'm too busy to participate.

[edit on 20-5-2005 by invader_chris]

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I can't believe this. I take a week off the net to get caught up on some real world details and no sooner did I sign off then you announced another contest. I figured you'd take a little more time off.

Ah well. I'll probably wait till the next contest anyway since i'm still up to my ears in those darn details.

This is a good idea though. I wish all the teams that form the best of luck and look forward to reading your stories.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Hey JJ, we been having fun together, right? Wanna team up?

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I'm game, but we'll need a third. I'll be game even if we don't have the "official" contest. Maybe a superhero style story with JJ and JTL working together to stop some conspiracy. The catch would be that, I'm sure, as soon as one of us would take over the story, the other would suddenly become the sidekick and your (or my) character would become the superhero.

Oooo, or do one where one of us writes from the good guy's perspective, and the other writes from the bad guy's perspective. The only thing is, you don't know which is which, because we'll both be able to justify the actions our character takes. People could share their opinion on who they think the good guy is so we could have him win...or lose at the end.

Or we could tell the tale of Ash, the little tobacco leaf who though he had a future but ended up getting burned to dust and thrown out.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I'm in! I've wanted to be in one of these contests for a while- I missed the last one because I was working so much.

Those who've read my stories probably know my way with words and my knack for adding amusing quirks. I'd be looking to partner up with somebody who does well with organizing plot lines.

Have pen, will travel!

Edit to add: If this is unofficial we can always allow non-writer activity in the short stories forum. The lack of writer interest so far seems point to a need for fresh blood anyway. Of course it could just be that this contest is so close on the heels of the last one, or maybe it's a matter of timing- maybe people just happen to be a little too busy at the moment.

[edit on 20-5-2005 by The Vagabond]

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
? Nice! I am Freedom Man! But am I fighting for or against freedom?

Insert, not part of the contest.

"These people are my enemy. They want to liberate the people of another country, and they are doing well." But, are the people being "liberated" like the Iraqi people were "liberated" by Bush, or are they "liberated" like Lincoln did with the blacks, if they were in the south, which didn't follow the law for they were the CSA at the time, not USA. Or are they being "liberated" from the harsh cruel ways of the leader by killing them?

Or are they actually liberating them in the fullest meaning of the word liberate? SO I could be against the corrupt liberation like Bush's, or against the true liberation, like how the Jews were liberated from the Nazi/conservative death camps in Germany? Good idea JJ, great idea! But needs a conspiracy....

Edit: Poor Ash, murdered by Big Tobacco companies, well, the people addicted to ciggarettes.

[edit on 20-5-2005 by James the Lesser]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join