It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are our Zoos taking care of our animals?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I'm sure the majority of the poeple who read this have been to at least one Zoo in thier lifetime, and most likely have taken thier children to one also. The question I pose is would you continue to visit these places if you knew the conditions of the animals kept here.

An endangered monkey is in quarantine while experts at the Lincoln Park Zoo try to determine what killed three other Francois langurs, the latest in a series of animal deaths that have prompted activists to call for a criminal investigation.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture is already looking into possible violations of the Animal Welfare Act at the zoo, and the group that accredits U.S. zoos is now reviewing all animal care practices there.

That comes from this website:
news.yahoo.com...

I wonder what they are not telling us about this, I'm sure there is something more to this. If you read the article they have had recent deaths of elephants, gorillas, and a camel along with the monkey mentioned in the article.

Is it simply a case where the number of animals being taken into captivity are not enough to sustain the zoos. Oh, what a tragedy that would be....not. Or are the zoos not maintaing a healthy environment for the animals they have already caged?

I'm new here and was not sure were this topic would fit in. I thought this seemed the best fit. Sorry in advance if I was wrong.

[edit on 5/14/2005 by Apration]

new topics

join