It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey look what I found on Google Maps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Its a plane, a commercial airline being mirrored in a lake. Its really cool maps.google.com...,-81.266770&spn=0.005622,0.007918&t=k&hl=en

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Cool pic !!

Any idea what height the aircraft is flying at ???

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
well most planes cruise around 28-35,000ft

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
hmmm I'm confused here (it's easily done believe me! ) but a couple of things that got me wondering, if that is a reflection, then why is it the same size as the plane, unless the plane is skimming the water, wouldn't it appear smaller with the plane flying so high. Also if it's a reflection, then why can we see the top of the plane with the tailfin showing? It should be the undercarriage.Also don't satellites look straight down , which would mean any reflection would be underneath the plane
Seems like some sort of ghost image rather than a mirror image on the lake.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
It isnt a reflection, its a stereoscopic projection caused by two images being taken slighty out of step with each other to product that image. The satellite had passed on by a second or so in its orbit when it took the second shot, and as each shot is slightly overlapped with the one previous to it when its rendered to make a visual map, that gives the 'ghost' effect rather than a full second aircraft.

Theres a thread on this in the ATS Aircraft Projects forum: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Do you really have that much time on your hands?

new topics

top topics

join