It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Eells: Prophet for Profit?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Well, there seems to be a bit going on out there on other threads about one David Eells. He runs a website calledAmericas Last Days. The big question is, who is this guy? Is he a total hack or wackjob? Opening this up for discussion because it seems there at least a few (menagerie?) who have something to say about this guy.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Eells is very insightful. I have read his site. He backs his conclusions with scripture and has sound logic. I agree with a great deal of what he has to say. I suggest reading it to everyone. And now, darwin, I will suggest that you read it...very informative.

His information is given freely. He isn't promoting books or tapes and doesn't ask for donations. I would say he is a teacher before a prophet, and profit never entered my mind while visiting his website.

[edit on 14-5-2005 by BadMojo]

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
It is informative. However, all so called religous "prophets" use scripture and some type of logic to back up or should I say bolster their "prophecies".
The problem with that is the same problem that christians pose when they try to prove what they feel is true by using the bible as part of their truth. They say it is so because the bible says it is so. It's like me saying the sky is green and then refering to quotes from a thread that I wrote that calls the sky green as a valdation. If I am making my point clearly? I hope that I am.
The Bible is a book and fortunately for those that use it to bolster their claims of prophecy, a book full of obscure, obtuse passages that give no detail or precision for those prophecies. The reader and/or the "prophet" is left to interpret them as best as they can.
All through the centuries including the first century AD. " prophets" have been using the scriptures to predict the "Final Days" and "The End".
If he wasn't trying to sell books, tapes and speaking engagements, I'd think better of him. His website material is free. At his seminars and speaking engagements he offers a much more in depth version of these materials, "that can't be offered on his websites because of space restrictions" for a cost of $32.00 for books and $25.00 per tape. I know, because he came to my mother-in-law's church to speak and she bought them. In addition he was paid a fee for the speaking engagement.
I think IMO, he is more Profit than Prophet.

[edit on 15-5-2005 by freddieb]

[edit on 15-5-2005 by freddieb]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I have been listening to David Eells since 2006, I was very curious and cautious as I listened to him, not that I saw any signs of fraud or wrongdoing but I am just very careful about religious leaders. After listening to 1000's of hours of his teachings I must say this man really is nothing to get bent out of shape about. He is one of the most humble men I have seen in the Christian community. Like the above comment he doesn't ask for money, and doesn't try to get people to be his followers and join up with him. He just likes teaching the Bible. He is not a prophet but out of the five fold ministry I have known him to say he was ordained a teacher.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
How can a guy who is passionate about the Gospel of Jesus Christ eb in the game for profit, if he doesn't ask for money or SELL his publications. If anybody wants to read his books but can't pay, he simply gives that person the book for free. You can even download full publications off his website. How many other publishers can boast with that? This guy is genuinely humble and is a servant of the Almighty God.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The Prophecy Club used to sell his materials not David Eells. He was on their lecture circuit for a while but is no longer associated with them.

David Eells, in my opinion, is the real deal.

The Prophecy Club on the other hand are simply fear mongering merchandisers.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Check the website, he DOES ask for donations.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I am a follower of David Eells Ministry, (Unleavened Bread Ministries), or Americas Last Days. I recently contacted the ministry to become associated with them in their DVD ministry, copying and distributing at MY own cost. This is considered a ministry and I was excited to be able to financially offer myself and my finances to get the word out. To my surprise I received an email from David stating that at this time there was no need for additional help in this area. I was shocked, but uplifted that God is supplying every need for the ministry, WITHOUT asking for donations, or selling books and tapes. I've not met him personally, but he seems to be extremely humble and just has a wonderful Servants Heart. He's shown himself to me, to be a totally Sold Out Teacher of the Word.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
To Anon:
If you want to speak negatively of him or his ministry, why don't you link to where you claim that he asks for donations, instead of just claiming it??
Don't make yourself look stupid.... back up your claim.

>>reply posted on 14-9-2008 @ 04:22 AM by Anonymous ATS
>
>
>>Check the website, he DOES ask for donations.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
the only thing i found to be interesting on that site was about the dead fish.

www.rumormillnews.com...

that's sad...

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Prophet for Profit? No Way!!I have known David Eells since 2005 and he has never asked anyone for anything. He gives away thousands of books, DVD's & Cd's away at no cost. So far, I have received cases of his book "Sovereign God" and have gien them away,at no cost to myself or those I give them too.David lives the Word which teaches to be givers not receivers. He lives very humbly, and those who are elders in that ministry live very humbly.
I can assure you the only profit David Eells is interested in is that which is spiritually stored up in the Kingdom of God.
I once semt in a prayer request asking for agrrement that my computer would "be fixed supernaturally" or that I would find the finances to buy a new one. I had read testimonies from others of how God "healed" their crashed hard drives and other similiar things that we don't noramlly even think excercising our faith for. A few days later I received a phone call asking if I would allow them the blessing of purchasing a new computer for me.
David teaches the Bible and it says that if someone asks something of you, you should give it.He tells about how he learned to give and not even hold back money in the bank for paying bills but giving it to people if they had a need. He does this this because he walks by faith in God knowing God will meet all of his needs when the need arises and so he doesn't hoard money or hold it back when those around him have a need.He learned to trust the Word and excercise his faith by starting out small and trusting God in more "challegening areas".
I have been in every Bible study on Sundays and Wed. with the exception of about 4, since the fall of 2005. Never once in any of those 3 hour Bible studies have I ever heard him even hint that he or the ministry had any type of need whatsoever, and I know there have been needs. Sadly, some think that walking by faith is announcing to friends or the congregation that they are "believing God to meet " this need or that need". They beleive this is giving others a chance to give and be blessed but it is not faith at all. AT best it is a form of emotional maniputlation. Tactics like this are used frequesntly in many "big named" Chruches, but the so called Shepherds and the sheep, but this is not walking by faith. Walking by faith is taking your need to God not man and beleiving that have received already what you have asked for; then allowing God to meet it in the way he chooses.
David shares in the book "Hidden Manna for the End times", many testimonies of how God has honored his trust and faith in God and God's promises.He shares how at one point, after just moving to FL, they had no food in the house. His wife asked him what she should do for supper and he instructed her to set the table as usual. They sat down and David prayed and asked the Lord to provide their need or fill their stomachs. Within seconds, one by one, the children asked to be excused as their stomaches were full and they were no longer hungry. God had filled them supernaturally and had been faithful to His Word. There are many more awesome testimonies in this book, and I highly recommend that everyone read the book online or listen to the audio, or DVD.

After 4 years of being part of the UBM Bible studies, communicating with David via phone, and email, and having watched his walk before the world and the Lord, I have to say ABSOLUTELY NOT, David Eells loves Jesus,the Body of Christ. He believes the Word which commands us TO WALK BY FAITH AND NOT BY SIGHT and to deny ourselves, pick up our cross and follow Jesus Christ. This means not being a part of this world, loving the world or worldly things. So again, NO, he is not a Prophet for profit. I don't ask anyone to believe me, but beleive the Word, which says in Matt. 7 that a bad tree can't produce good fruit, or a good tree-bad fruit. Look at the fruit, ask God, He will answer and if you are His sheep, you will hear his voice clear.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I've been listening to David Eells for about 4 years and have learned more in that time than all the time I was in "church". He does not promote himself but the Lord Jesus and gives the credit to the Lord Jesus for everything.

I've been on many of his sunday and wednesday night paltalk sessions and have never heard him begging for money. He gives to those that ask without charge as instructed in Matthew 10:8 "...freely ye received, freely give."

Steve

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
A sincere believer (and a good man) can still be wrong.

The only way to judge if he is a prophet or not is to look at his record. Has he ever been wrong on a prophesy? If so, then no matter how good he is, he ISN'T a prophet.

That's right, to be considered a prophet (based on the bible) you have to have a 100% accuracy rate.

I do not know if he is a prophet or not, but he could still be wrong. After all, I don't recall Charles Manson asking for money for his stuff either.

(Last minute thought: None of this should be read to denigrate David Eells. My point is that people should do their own homework.)

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
i would just like to point out here that David Eells does not claim that prophesy is the spiritual gift that God has given him, nor that it is the office that God has given Him.

What he does do is teach the word of God, relay testimonies of himself and others who send them in, pray for people, he tells the understanding that God has given him from the word of God including prophecy and he uses the word of God to back up what he is saying, he tells dreams and visions that the Lord is giving himself, others in the ministry and other people who send them in.

When the Lord appears to be giving a prophetic dream of vision that is specific they ask the Lord for confirmations to be sure it is from the Lord and they will post them on the website or read them in the bible studies. They do not claim that these things are for sure going to happen, they make sure to be clear that these are dreams or visions that people are getting and they encourage people to compair all things with the word of God and to ask for confirmations.

I really am not sure why so many people claim that Eells claims he is a prophet because i have listened to him for years and read his books, read the articles on his site etc and have never seen him claim to be a prophet and he is very careful when he believes dreams visions words etc are from God to clarify himself that he believes this is what God is showing but we will see...

anyways, there is much good edification there on how to walk by faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, today and in the hard days to come.

( only signed in as anonymous user because i dont rememeber by login )

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
He never asks for money, but most churches take up a free will offering to pay for his expenses. All his materials are available free at his website, but some people prefer to buy them in printed form, so he makes those available as well. He draws no salary, preferring instead to trust God completely for his provisions.

top topics

join