It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red white and blue for our flag why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
1ST-RED=Passion/emotonal/heart chakra=past :beggining of war
2nd-white=spiritual/holy/crown chakra=present :middle of war
3rd-blue=peacefull/tranquility/third eye chakra=future:end of war

Has anyone ever wondered why they chose these particular colors to represent us as our flag?This is how I think of it whats your thoughts on this?

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I always thought it was because the United Kingdom flag was red, white and blue. But im probably wrong, why would America want to be part of us when they just had a war wiht us?

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Or perhaps those colors were chosen as a hommage to the great republic of France, for all the moral support they gave during the rebellion?

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   
This site gives some factual information about the flag but seems to omit why the colurs are as they are:

"No one knows with absolute certainty who designed the first stars and stripes or who made it. Congressman Francis Hopkinson seems most likely to have designed it, and few historians believe that Betsy Ross, a Philadelphia seamstress, made the first one....."

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   
the flag is red, white and blue because the norwegian flag is so.. and everyone knows that norway is the real owner of usa.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   
What does it mean when a flag has the gold trim around it?

Maritime? something like that?

Why are those flags in courts?

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I grew up thinking red was for sacrifice, white was for honor, and blue was for courage. I don't know anymore.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
The trim means nothing. Just a pretty thing to add I guess.
Notice you'll only see it on indoor flags; wouldn't last outside in the wind.

Found it.
www.usflag.org...

[edit on 13-5-2005 by Jaychael]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Honor is for Samurais.

The U.S. has technically been at war with it's own citizens since the 1930's time period after we were sold out by one of our own presidents, Roosevelt. The declared National Emergency of March 9, 1933 amended the War Powers Act to include the American People as enemies. This allowed Maritime Law to come onto land. Be careful of that pretty little flag with the gold trim that sits on a pedestal in your courtrooms. That is an Admiralty flag (an ensign, a military flag) flown on the open seas, not the American flag. You will find the American flag hanging in front of my house, with no gold trim - the flag for common law. The US Constitution allowed for three types of laws, Common Law (We the People), Contract Law governing contracts and agreements, and Maritime Law that is to be used on the open seas to govern our Naval forces while out there since the ships are not on our land. Only in times of war can Maritime Law govern on land. This is proclaimed by the president. This flag changes your status from Sovereign (God's Law) to subject (the Kings Law).

www.zetatalk.com...

yeah, yeah, I know it's from zetatalk. (dodges fruit)

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by menguard
1ST-RED=Passion/emotonal/heart chakra=past :beggining of war
2nd-white=spiritual/holy/crown chakra=present :middle of war
3rd-blue=peacefull/tranquility/third eye chakra=future:end of war

Has anyone ever wondered why they chose these particular colors to represent us as our flag?This is how I think of it whats your thoughts on this?

Weird, I have often wondered this myself as the UK has red, white and blue but I think it represents England, Scotland, Ireland.British flag origin

It seems the American flag has gone through some form of evolution since first being created.

Someone might say that the first flags stars look like the EU flag???
American Wiki

The flag of the United States of America consists of thirteen equal horizontal stripes of red (top and bottom) alternating with white; there is a blue rectangle in the upper hoist-side corner bearing 50 small, white, five-pointed stars arranged in nine offset horizontal rows of six stars (top and bottom) alternating with rows of five stars. The 50 stars on the flag represent the 50 states and the 13 stripes represent the 13 original colonies.

The United States flag is commonly called the Stars and Stripes and less commonly Old Glory. The name Old Glory was coined in the 1830s, and was of particularly common use during the era of 48-star version (1912 to 1959).

Interesting nonetheless to see quite a few countries adopting the design.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   

It seems the American flag has gone through some form of evolution since first being created.

At least 27 times. Every state added a star. Some of those states took a while to come on board.

[edit on 13-5-2005 by Jaychael]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Can somebody upload our flag so we can get more of a generalization of the whole.I would but I am still get familiarized with technical stuff on the computer.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
uhhh...

because we copied our father-land...

england...

or the french...

who saved us...

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Bright colors like red, white and blue are easily seen in flags on the battlefield, the main historical reason flags exist. Those colors are common on many countries flags.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The question is why those colors?Colors represent things,but I think there is a reason why they chose them not just off hand.Who created the flag of the united states?I realy believe there is a higher reasoning to this.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I remember reading a very long time ago that the thirteen red and white bars represent the original thirteen colonies of Great Britain and they are red and white to represent the blood and flesh of sacrifice in the war of independance (no such thing as political correctness in 1775) The blue is simply the night sky onto which the stars, one for each memeber state, are depicted.

I have no verification for this but it sounds about right, who says I hate America?

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Just found this:

According to a report to the Second Continental Congress in 1782:

The colours of the pales are those used in the flag of the United States of America. White signifies purity and innocence. Red hardiness and valour and Blue the colour of the Chief signifies vigilance perseverance and justice. [ContCong 22:339]

Wikipedia

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I was going to say soemthing, But it was the same thing as above

There is no real specific significance of the colors

[edit on 7/11/2005 by Jehosephat]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I seemed to have missed this before.

This is the official first United States flag:

Grand Union flag. The first official flag of the United States. This flag was initially flown by George Washington and is recorded as being first raised by Washington's troops at Prospect Hill on New Year's Day in 1776. This flag formed the basis of the Stars and Stripes, consisting of 13 red and white stripes with the British Union Jack in the canton.

Question: If the founding fathers wanted to get away from Britain, why put the union jack in their flag?

peace

top topics

join