It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full Moon and Murder Ties the Tides.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
My girlfriend showed this to me. I thought it was an awesome article. Thankfully some of this information is now available to us through the Freedom of Information Act. It's a great read.

Personally I agree with most of the things on here, there is a noticeable difference in my attitude durring full moons. At least for me...

Can the Full Moon
Affect Human Behavior?
by John Townley

For thousands of years it has been believed that the fortunes of men and women move in cycles. The ancients depicted the concept as the great Wheel of Fortune, eternally turning and spilling off the winners on top while bearing up the wretches beneath and giving them their time in the limelight before they, too, get dumped. The trouble was that no one knew for sure what powered that wheel or exactly what speed it was turning for any given individual. People knew their days were numbered, but they didn’t know the number.

Until recently the situation hasn’t improved much. For hundreds of years we have known that it is the regular and predictable cycles of the moon and sun that regulate the ocean’s tides, but the tides in the affairs of humans have not been so easily forecast. It was almost as if they moved erratically of their own accord, unmotivated by outside forces.

The extensive cycle research of the past thirty years has proved otherwise. It has established numerous links between regularly occurring human behavior and external natural cycles ranging from weather and solar radiation to phases of the moon and planetary cycles. Here are some dramatic examples.
MURDER TIDES

At the University of Miami, psychologist Arnold Lieber and his colleagues decided to test the old belief of full-moon “lunacy” which most scientists had written off as an old wives’ tale. The researchers collected data on homicide in Dade County (Miami) over a period of 15 years — 1,887 murders, to be exact. When they matched the incidence of homicide with the phases of the moon, they found, much to their surprise, that the two rose and fell together, almost infallibly, for the entire 15 years! As the full or the new moon approached, the murder rate rose sharply; it distinctly declined during the first and last quarters of the moon.

www.innerself.com...

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
If you ask most Doctors (or Police or Firefighters) they will tell you they have known for years about the full moon/behavioral changes relationship. OB/GYN's are usually the most busy when there is a full moon and so is the E.R. It's one of the first things that Med students pick up on during their residency.

The only thing surprising to me is the murder rate. I thought that crimes went up but the murder rate didn't. Learn something new every day I guess.

Jemison

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
jemison I agree, I was too surprised about the murder rate going up. Maybe its in our blood to kill? HMMMMMMMM

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Personally I just found it funny that for years the "professionals" have just shun this idea away and refused to believe or even finish investigating it. It's just another one of those things that are known to be true but arent widely or publicly realized or discussed.

top topics

join