It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Maps image snaps UFO??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
loq

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
very interesting pictures.
i dunt think they culd all be baloons.
id also like to see what google has to say about this.
has anyone sent them an email about these images?

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
its a watertower lol

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Wow I just love to see how much those last 2 responses really contribute
. Now I poured over the map in the same direction the shadows were facing (roughly northward) looking for either a round, or elongated egg shaped shadow. Having found none, I wondered if this could be a marker to line up these maps. I read in my local newspaper about large (about 30'x30') white x's that were laid in many areas across the county to assist in lining up aerial photography after it had been printed. Could it be possible that these hazy dots are just markers? Say, when a satelite takes 4 images of a certain area it marks one image with a quarter of that circle in the upper right, another quarter in another image in the lower right corner of the picture, another quarter in another image in the upper left, and another quarter in the fourth image in the lower left corner of the picture?

Just a thought!

P.S. We should hire some darn cartographers for this site...I can thing of a million ways those guys would come in handy!

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by loq
very interesting pictures.
i dunt think they culd all be baloons.
id also like to see what google has to say about this.
has anyone sent them an email about these images?

I e-mailed Google Maps a few days ago and still have no response. I'm beginning to think it went straight into the Delete folder
, maybe seeing as its not a 'problem' with the service as such. I was considering sending another e-mail, claiming that one of these blobs was obscuring the image of my house, thus making it impossible to examine the missing tiles on my roof
. Maybe that will grab their attention...?

Intersting theory UnMature, nice to see people thinking logically towards a solution once in a while
. Perhaps the satellite uses these blobs to find its way back to the location it was taking photographs for its next orbit?

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Either aliens really love Florida, or google made several mistakes. Maybe censors.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
There's a town called Jupiter in Florida! The aliens could be thinking their buddies are down there.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyrolot
i once tracked down area 51 using terraserver to find out it WASNT shown, they didnt show that area, can someone show me area 51 using google maps, i couldnt find it lol, these things are wierd... maybe they are there just to mark certain things out and i am sure its to big for a weather balloon,

[edit on 18-5-2005 by spyrolot]

Use Mapquest to figure out how to get to Area 51 using the surrounding cities pf Groom Lake, NV.

Hope this helps!

[edit on 5/31/2005 by DucKid]

SMR

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Could these be 'Prophet Yahweh UFO' we are seeing here?
Just a wild guess and a grab at straws here.Maybe some connection ?

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
maps.google.com...,-80.074550&spn=0.007896,0.015364&t=k&hl=en

Even more interesting when you go in all the way for close up.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
There are more in LA one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen

mapped images appear to be in straight line

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I think what you are looking at are what was know as "FOO FIGHTERS". Or at least I suspect that is what this is. They may have other names as well. I know them "What ever" they are to be ,real. I have seen them.

LINK

[edit on 2-6-2005 by All Seeing Eye]

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Judging by vegemites mapping, I would say these are definetly used to line the photos up like I said in my previous post.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The gov't could be covering up again.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Condensation on the lens?

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
UnMature - I would say your 100% correct.. It looks to me as this is a marker that marks the center of each shot that the satellite takes.. You could prove this with a little bit of work... justs find the horsetail and vertical seem zoom out and mark the box.... Its funny how the satellite seems to track the 210 freeway...

I'll try to do this later if I have some time... and post the pic.. from that you can tell how high rez the satellite cam is... Sweet!

Geeezz 2 more years and I'm sure they can read the label on your underwear from space... if not now....

[edit on 15-6-2005 by menacer]

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by spyrolot
i once tracked down area 51 using terraserver to find out it WASNT shown, they didnt show that area, can someone show me area 51 using google maps, i couldnt find it lol, these things are wierd... maybe they are there just to mark certain things out and i am sure its to big for a weather balloon,

[edit on 18-5-2005 by spyrolot]

here ya go.

www.f2-net.com...
www.f2-net.com...
www.f2-net.com...
www.f2-net.com...
www.f2-net.com...

There are a couple more that i have saved that are purposely greened out areas. Dont know why. Couldnt upload them right now though.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnMature
Judging by vegemites mapping, I would say these are definetly used to line the photos up like I said in my previous post.

But wouldn't you get a more accurate alignment from a solid edged circle rather than a blurry and even partial circle?

There could be a reasonable answer for them but i dont think they are for alignment because they aren't very precise.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
maybe the blobs are added to cover up real UFO's!

p.s nothing happens at area 51, do you think they would continue top secret activity there after all the publicity?

[edit on 18-8-2005 by superduperman]

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
check this thread for answers

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Does anyone know at what altitude the satellite that Google uses rest at?
Knowing this may help put the image and claims of it being balloons or whatever into better persective.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join