It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USO's (Underwater Submarine Objects)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Does anyone here believe in USO's? (UFO's living in our underwater oceans and lakes). If the reports I read are true that would make sense since our planet is made up mostly of water. It would be the perfect place for aliens to remain hidden from the us.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 01:12 PM
link   
in UFO folklore that believes likewise....

Certainly would be plausible, but you'd still want to be sure nothing stumbles upon you...

You'd have to pick a place like...oh, I don't know, Lake Vostok or something...

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I've read stuff about underwater bases that UFOs operate out of. Theres a few on Florida coast apparently.

Would antigravity technology work underwater?

Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Hmmmmmmm, sounds rather interesting, I guess its quite plausable.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Borrowed a book about UFO's and stuff from a friend. It talk's about an abduction where the UFO flys into the Hudson river.

Found something on the net about it:

www.abduct.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I'm the cause of one (read my Intro)

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I think its more goverment top secret stuff then UFOs.

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Maybe it oculd be there, I wonder if they could travel the same speed underwater

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
its plausible but doubtful we have any long term or anything even 'alien' in nature living beneath our waters...with the advent of sonor and sat type imaging i highly doubt anything would be able to remain completely hidden for very long...granted we have miles of unchartered depths and such..but still the possibility is so remote that i doubt it altogether....the risk of exposure would be too high for any type of long term clandestine adventure.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
AS a retired teacher I'm reminded of so many times when my students would want to talk about a story in the news or TV about ufo's. My most used answer was to ask them, "if we had the technology to travel to other worlds knowing nothing of them, and the technology to hide our existence, how would we visit there worlds, examine their creatures, races, and technologies and yet not get caught? As my students would come up with answers to this idea, curiously enough, they were always exactly what we would read that some "ufo" was doing on our world. We would probably have a cloaking device for our craft, our fuel for power would be easily available on any "more normal world like ours--maybe water, or something we could find on almost any planet, we would capture them in secret on the dark side of their planet in lonely places, look them over, study them, then probably leave them close to where we "found " them. We would have biosuits that were like a second skin to us to protect us from alien germs and microbes. We wouldn't want to be around these aliens for very long. There would be a plethora of information to glean from such missions.............Sound familiar? C.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by alienaddicted

no alien would be stupid enough to go in the hudson

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I think you might want to rethink your acronym there. Underwater Submarine? That's redundant. I think maybe you might mean Unidentified Submarine Objects eh?

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I was part of the tactical team on board an SSBN which tracked one of these for 5 days. Well to be honest I don't know who was tracking who. The sonar characteristics were like nothing anyone on board had ever witnessed - we had guys staying on shift during their off time so they could track it - I being one of them. On deterrent patrol we only track contacts to ascertain what they are and where they're going so we can go in the opposite direction but this shadowed us. The characteristics it displayed, extreme maneuverability and speed without cavitation, wildly varying frequencies totally off the scale for technology we knew and the lack of any mechanical/nuclear/prop signatures made this a really wow time - nobody had a clue what it was.

On our monthly rise to periscope depth for a satellite fix we transmitted a contact report - SSBN's just don't do that - ever, but we did. Six hours later the Captain was summoned to the radio room. That was standard for the usual missile launch practice scenario but this time it wasn't. The sonar team were immediately told to stop tracking this - all tapes, disks, data, charts - indeed everything which had any evidence of this contact was ordered to be destroyed. Myself with the tactical and sonar team were briefed that this event had never happened and to forget it. No other reason given other than to shut it.

I don't know if it continued to shadow us - the sound guys were tight lipped even though some of them were your best mates and would normally share everything. It just didn't exist from that moment on. So, on reflection it was something the UK Government obviously knew about hence the order to destroy all evidence. What it was, I'll never know. What I do know is it wasn't our technology at the time and nor is it anywhere near what it is now (this was in 1991). It's characteristics underwater just didn't obey the laws of physics as we know. So yes, this truly was a USO and I dare say some other submariners on here may have witnessed similar.

This incident is the main reason why I'm on ATS. Maybe one day I'll find the truth.

edit for grammar!

[edit on 12/12/08 by vonspurter]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
The History Channel did a segment on USO's.
The part about the USS Franklin D. Roosevelt and it's encounters with USO's was really interesting.
I'm glad that a credible network chose to run the story.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
huggs everyone..

hey,,i remeber the ufo documentary on the FDR battleship,,,at times they'd see the lights in the water as well the craft emerging outta the water also,..

also said submariners here the noises from these craft at times and call the swishers..

Assuming these craft can handle going in/outta atmospheres and intense gravity I can see some of them easily adaptable being underwater.

many cases of underwater ufo's...

huggs

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

Pretty sure he meant "Unidentified Submarine Object". I see it quite easy to confuse these two words use, haha

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Lacenaire

hey,,yes,,that was a AMAZING show on the FDR ship,,,

very honest as well!!!

huggs

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by vonspurter

wow,,,thanks for sharing this...

Ive also heard of strange cat and mouse games(as the submariners call it)where its quite shocking what the encounter down there...

huggs

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmulder

G'day mrmulder

This is an interesting area.

If you use "ATS search", you will find many previous threads regarding this topic, wherein there is some great reading.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Is the appearance of USO's not far more frequent to the navy than to the air-force? Can this be the reason why the navy is mostly in charge when it comes to (milliatairy)spacetravel and UFO's?

I ask these questions because I always wondered what the navy has to do with stuff that flies in the air or in space....other than they are called space-ships.

EDIT:mis-type-o

[edit on 2-1-2010 by zatara]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join