It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friday the 13th

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
In the holiday spirit of Friday the 13th, a day coming up this week, I would like to say why I believe it is an important day in history. I think it was a important day in the sense that it slowed the progression of secret societies, even though I do not believe the senseless murder of thousands was the way to do it.

urbanlegends.about.com...
"On October 13, 1307, a day so infamous that Friday the 13th would become a synonym for ill fortune, officers of King Philip IV of France carried out mass arrests in a well-coordinated dawn raid that left several thousand Templars — knights, sergeants, priests, and serving brethren — in chains, charged with heresy, blasphemy, various obscenities, and homosexual practices. None of these charges was ever proven, even in France — and the Order was found innocent elsewhere — but in the seven years following the arrests, hundreds of Templars suffered excruciating tortures intended to force 'confessions,' and more than a hundred died under torture or were executed by burning at the stake."

Edit: Offended too meny people.

[edit on 12-5-2005 by invader_chris]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
knights of the templar? What does this have to do with the great day? Great day is usualy an apocoliptic term. And its just an urban legend.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Where I live, the bikers gather every Friday the 13th. A little town in Southern Ontario comes to life in the morning and does not quiet down until Sunday, when they all roar off back to where they came from.
I admire this trend...and I bet most have no idea who the Templars were or who Jacques DeMolay represents.

But one thing they would admire would be the way those Templars held their tongues during the torture and immolation.

Timely post...

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I've always enjoyed Friday the 13th for no other reason then it was Friday.

It's Monday the 13th that i've always found to stink up the place.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by invader_chris
Too bad there were survivors, now we got Masons to deal with (No offense, ATS Masons
).

That has got to be the most ignorant post I have read in weeks. So the arrest, torture, mutilation and all around screwing over of an Order of honorable Knights is your idea of a reason to celebrate?! I find that incredibly disgusting.

How the hell do you expect "no offense" to even come close to cutting it?

What an asshole. I expect a warning, and I don't care. It's an asshole post.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   

In the holiday spirit of Friday the 13th, a day coming up this week, I would like to say why I believe it is a good day.

Too bad there were survivors, now we got Masons to deal with (No offense, ATS Masons
).

They are saying the same about you too pal. "Oh man, another person misled by the misinformation of Anti-masons, if they could only think for themselves."

No day is a good day when peole are killed for no reason. Are you saying that sept 11th was a good day too, or the valentine day massacre was that t a good day too.

I refuse to post on this thread, because I cannot believe you are actually getting points for this nonsense. It is obviously meant to piss people off, and not inspire inteligent conversation. So if you want to talk about the significance of the date friday the thirteenth, then I suggest you get to it. But if not, stop being an instigator.

Too bad there are people who still cling to the dark ages. What if somebody told you that Friday the thirteenth was a "good" day because your whole family was rounded up and killed, and the ones that survied struggled to rebuild the family again. Because basically that is what was done to the knights templar.

I don't care how bad somebody is, or how bad an organization is. There are other ways to get justice for crimes committed, than senseless murder.

[edit on 11-5-2005 by Eyeofhorus]

[edit on 11-5-2005 by Eyeofhorus]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   
If the resurch by Mr Robinson in "Born in Blood" is correct? If the allogations of the anti-masons is and the free mason founding fathers inflanced the constitution is correct?

Then you should thand your lucky stars Philip The Fair did manipulate the distruction of the Order of the Templars. Primarily for his personal gain.(Even the Pope later admitted and declaired their innocence.) For without that influance (?) you would not have many of the freedoms protected by the Bill Of Rights. Seperation of powers, ie: the checks and balances. I am not stating as a fact that our founding fathers DID co-opt the writing of the constiution but many of the freedoms that are protected by it are in line with the teachings of free masonry.

The distruction of this just and good order, was a tragity. Which did not benifit anyone at the time. Nor achive the aims of the of the perpitrators.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Several years ago hidden papers where found in the vatican archives. These papers where the papel bulls proclaimimg the innocence of the Templars and demanding their release.Papers that for some reason were never sent...

The Knights Templars were tried,tortured and burnt on the basis of lies and false propaganda from the court of philip le bel, king of France.
This was a plot to gain two things, the vast wealth of the Templars for a bankrupt king Philip and the papecy for his uncle Clement.

We should remember this day for what it is, a terrible and black day in European history that was the begining of the years of torture and summarary executions of thousands of innocent men, men more pious and holy than a corrupt king and power hungry uncle.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I'm sorry to all of you that I may have been offended. I didn't mean it like that, I do not believe the murdurs were justified for what they were charged, but what I mean is that in the conspiracy sense of things, I believe that that the world would be better off without secret societies.

Sorry, I'll try to edit the post above.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Several years ago hidden papers where found in the vatican archives. These papers where the papel bulls proclaimimg the innocence of the Templars and demanding their release.Papers that for some reason were never sent

Source??

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Several years ago hidden papers where found in the vatican archives. These papers where the papel bulls proclaimimg the innocence of the Templars and demanding their release.Papers that for some reason were never sent

really?
i would like to see a source about that

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Were many Templar Knights actually pronounced criminals and seized all in one day by the reading of secret papal orders on Friday the 13th??

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
From a numerology point of view, Friday the 13th is:

05/13/2005 --> 0+5+1+3+2+0+0+5 = 16 --> 1+6 --> 7

7 symbolize Perfection of something...

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Were many Templar Knights actually pronounced criminals and seized all in one day by the reading of secret papal orders on Friday the 13th??

More or less, yes. I don't have time right now but I can elaborate on what I know of the story later.

It's actually quite an incredible tale, and it says alot for the kind of men the Templars were, IMO.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

im looking on google at the moment,
not going to well,

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Interesting article on this topic here:

www.timesonline.co.uk...

The knights want a Papal apology nearly 700 years after they were disbanded and hounded into exile

THE VATICAN is giving “serious consideration” to apologising for the persecution that led to the suppression of the Knights Templar.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCFusion
Interesting article on this topic here:

www.timesonline.co.uk...

The knights want a Papal apology nearly 700 years after they were disbanded and hounded into exile

THE VATICAN is giving “serious consideration” to apologising for the persecution that led to the suppression of the Knights Templar.

i remember reading about that in Da Vinci code i think, i think it was that book. I remember reading it though.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman

).

That has got to be the most ignorant post I have read in weeks. So the arrest, torture, mutilation and all around screwing over of an Order of honorable Knights is your idea of a reason to celebrate?! I find that incredibly disgusting.

I agree with Axeman, I know you apologized but you had no reason to say that. What did any mason, or templar for that matter, ever do to you?

And yes, MANY templars were seized and tortured and forced to admit to heinous crimes, including spitting and dancing on the cross, and worshipping a head named "Baphomet". All this was, of course, false.

But Charles DeMolay one-upped them. The Master of the templars at the time also admitted to many crimes under torture. But on the day that he was to be burned at the stake, he asked that King Philip and the pope at the time come out to his burning, soo he could publically apologize. In front of a crowd of thousands, DeMolay instead told everyone that what he had admitted to previously was forced by torture, that nothing any of the Templars had confessed to was true, and that they were the most honorable men he had ever come across.

As the fires started, DeMolay told the King and the Pope that they would soon be joining him. They both died within a year.

Now THAT'S a story. THAT is something to be celebrated. But the torture and murder of thousands of INNOCENT men who risked their lives to protect the faithful, well... that makes me sick as well.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Think of it this way, the same group that gave the Knights their mystical knowledge, and their 'authority', and allowed them to be the 'first' bankers decided it was time to pull in the reigns.

Nowadays it would have been corporate downsizing!

Now think of it this way. The Church was against banking. But they let the Knights bank. No, I swear, there was no deal struck...

And so, when the time came for the Powers that Be to centralize their power again (because youwill always have too many commoners who think they are above the law), they couldn't just ask for the money back, now could they?

So please, everyone, stop feeling so sorry for the "honorable" men that died. If they didn't play with money, they wouldn't have got burned.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
So please, everyone, stop feeling so sorry for the "honorable" men that died. If they didn't play with money, they wouldn't have got burned.

I never thought I'd say it, but I agree Akilles. Their banking practices WAS what got them slaughtered. BUT, they were still innocent men, and what King Philip did was completely WRONG. He was a corrupt monarch, who used his power to get himself out of trouble, even at the expence of thousands of innocent lives.

If our government did that in THIS day and age, you would be screaming bloody murder and criticizing the gov't for corruption. But since it's Templars that were killed, you say that they deserved it. Hypocrisy at its finest.

<<   2 >>

join