It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Art? Yes or No?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Thought I would post this it only shows a few of the well pieces of art if you want to call it that, this is part of the reason I am posting it here.

You decide.

www.ananova.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 05:47 PM
link   
No I wouldn't call that art, in my opinion it isn't to me. For me art is something that expresses someone's feelings and is beautiful in a way or one or another, be it the feeling from it or the outlook of it. To me art is something that connects people together. That, that's just scientific not artistic. To me.

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I would have to agree, it's more of a human anatomy display than "Art".
Now if he had actually created the human form from scratch then I guess it could be art. I wonder if nature can sue for copyright infringement?

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 12:25 AM
link   
That was some one or is still some one, and putting it on display is not Art to me.

Art is as Ascachamion states, emotions that make us appreciate life more after having looked at or heard or touched Art that is inspirational.

Michael

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Hehe I saw this guy's exibition late last year when i was in London, It had all the usual stuff like the body parts arranged in various ways. But what topped the bill was a live autopsy. (yes you heard it LIVE)
Not only was this performed infront of a full audience, but it was also teleivised. It was at this point I was left wondering, is this art now or have we breached into the realm of education? It was almost as if everyone had taken a step back in time, to the 1800's when autopsies and operations were performed in front of students to show them how it was to be done.
Alas to say the whole exibition caused a major uproar, and the autopsy just sent a miriad of groups into a rage. But to be honest, I think it was a pretty cool expo. It took gut
to put on that show, and well no one seems to slate giger for his work.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2
I would have to agree, it's more of a human anatomy display than "Art".
Now if he had actually created the human form from scratch then I guess it could be art. I wonder if nature can sue for copyright infringement?

bingo. maybe god would sue. man id hate to be that guys lawer if god was sueing him. LOOK OUT!

top topics

join