It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experts Anxious Over Possible Net Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 05:40 AM
link   
WASHINGTON (AP) - Government and industry experts are increasingly concerned about brewing hacker activity they consider a precursor to a broad Internet attack that will target a serious flaw in Windows software from Microsoft Corp. (MSFT)

Experts are advising computer users with renewed urgency to apply a free repairing patch that Microsoft has offered on its Web site since July 16, when it acknowledged that the flaw affected nearly all versions of its flagship Windows operating system software.

apnews.excite.com...

Better go get yours now!

tut tut

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Yeah, run out and grab the new patch so Microsoft can get even more information about you for the government. I think Microsoft is probably becoming one of the largest data gathering agencies in the world. Undoubtedly the government has a hand in this.

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Yeah it does seem rather odd that after Homeland Security and Microsoft are now in Cahoots with each other we are getting all these security patches don't it?

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
edition.cnn.com...

=========================================

Yes Microsoft and the G-Force are sharing the sheets! And have been for a long time. If you are on a IBM type unit you are prone to remote viewing of your hard drive as well as more easily attacked. In my present location I am using a IBM type with Windows OS.
At my other location Behind the Redwood Curtain , I utilize Apple with OSX.
I have discovered the Apple is much less susceptable to attack
Bite a Apple!

tut

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
They were saying that you can download a patch from Microsoft off of their website that will help against the web-attack, which I think is pretty stupid, no thanks, no patch for me.
I'll just stick to playing Command & Conquer, and whatever happens happens.....

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 06:51 AM
link   
You can kiss your interent good bye folks.

Say hello to internet 2.

new topics

top topics

join