It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. deaths in Iraq surpass 1,600 (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
On May 8th 2005, the U.S. military death toll surpassed 1,600 when three soldiers were killed by roadside bombs. In all, 1780 coalition forces have been killed since March 2003.

www.cnn.com
BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Total U.S. troop casualties in the Iraq war passed 1,600 Sunday, according to a CNN count, when two soldiers were killed near Khaldiya and a third died in Samarra.

All three were killed by roadside bombs, the U.S. military said.

Two soldiers assigned to a Marine combat team were killed during operations near Khaldiya, just east of Ramadi, which is 60 miles west of Baghdad, the Marines said. Officials did not give the time of the incident.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

1,600 Americans dead means 1,600 families who will no longer have Christmas with their loved ones. These soldiers have fought for something they believed in and they gave their lives for it.

I believe if you go onto Cryptome.org, roadside bombs as well as improvised explosive devices account for the most deaths in this Iraqi War.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
It is a shame these people lost thier lives for a lie, I wonder how that compaires to the number of iraqies have died because of the war.

Hardly anyone reports on that, and I bet NO-ONE really knows how many have been killed.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   

It is a shame these people lost thier lives for a lie

It's also a tragedy that people believe this lie and go so far as to defend it.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
another tragic milestone.......but so will 1601 and 1602 and 1603 ect..............

i wonder how the people would react to the rest of the story

11/2/04 60 minutes

How many injured and ill soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines - like Chris Schneider - are left off the Pentagon’s casualty count?

Would you believe 15,000? 60 Minutes asked the Department of Defense to grant us an interview. They declined. Instead, they sent a letter, which contains a figure not included in published casualty reports: "More than 15,000 troops with so-called 'non-battle' injuries and diseases have been evacuated from Iraq."

Many of those evacuated are brought to Landstuhl in Germany. Most cases are not life-threatening. In fact, some are not serious at all. But only 20 percent return to their units in Iraq. Among the 80 percent who don’t return are GIs who suffered crushing bone fractures; scores of spinal injuries; heart problems by the hundreds; and a slew of psychiatric cases. None of these are included in the casualty count, leaving the true human cost of the war something of a mystery.

and fromglobalsecruity

and it is not the fact that casualities happen but, the fact that the total 'stats' are not be reported. these people with injuries that are 'non life threating' like no arm, hand, fingers, permanant disabilities that will forever change thier lives are just looked past. then add that to what we now know about the 'reasons' for starting it in the first place.......................

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It only matters to us who care. If we care, really care, we are in a minority. Our president doesn't care about the cost in pain, Or Congress doesn't care or the outcry would be heard above the politics of re-election. The pentagon certainly doesn't care--it's hard to get that next star or medal without war--war is what they do. Most people don't care about the pain because I see it on their faces whenever I turn a conversation to the war or politics. A woman asked me the other day if we were fighting Iran Or Iraq--Damn.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   
From the time I posted this post and now, the death toll has now elevated to 1,683.

cryptome.org...

top topics

join