It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Eight year old accused of being a Witch almost gets Murdered.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Apparently, the 8 year old girls playmate told his mother that she was using witchcraft against his family. The family then proceeded to put the girl in laundery bag and throw her into the river.

www.thisislondon.com
An eight-year-old girl was tortured and was about to be killed after being accused of being a witch, the Old Bailey heard today.

The child had been placed in a laundry bag and was about to be thrown into a river to drown when one of her tormentors managed to stop the others, said Patricia May, prosecuting.

Her months of ill-treatment had started when another child told his mother that the girl had been using witchcraft against the family

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is 2005 correct?
This is absolutely horrific that something like this would happen in this day and age.

Heck, with Englands judicial system the guilty party will probably get 5 days in jail.

[edit on 9-5-2005 by rancid1]

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
This is a joke right? How in this day and age someone could believe such nonsense? Little girl was probably just trying to get some attention, well she got it
poor kid.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Geeze.

Child cruelty charges against three women and a man allege that that chilli peppers were rubbed into the girl's eyes, she was beaten with a belt, slapped, cut with a knife and starved.

The idiocy of stupid morons will never cease to be dangerous. These people need a crash course in reality and should be imprisoned for a few years if found guilty.

Zip

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
? Gee, don't you love religous nuts? And yet the republican party want this kind of ruling in America. Sure they are currently killing anyone who does it in the ME, but I guess they will control it so a-ok.

BTW England, they have a messed up system. I still remember the guy in jail for stopping someone who broke into his house and tried to kill him and his family because he hurt the guy who broke in.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I think we might have just fallen into a time warp here. I really had no idea that people were still that twistedly devoted to which ever diety they may worship. Poor girl probably had no idea that in this day and age we've failed to solve the extremist problem.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   

by James the Lesser
? Gee, don't you love religous nuts? And yet the republican party want this kind of ruling in America. Sure they are currently killing anyone who does it in the ME, but I guess they will control it so a-ok.

What do you mean by this? What kind of "ruling"? How are American republicans involved in any way? Or is it that you just couldn't pass up an opportunity to take a swipe at the US?

Your ignorance is not only showing, it's glaring.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
ah yes blaim it on "religious nuts". i admit they were not acting apropriately in this case. you will notice that there was apsolutely NO refrances to religion playing a part of this. religion was not necisarily the catalyst for this, fear was the catalyst. the acusation was that the child was useing witchcraft to HARM the family. one does not need a religion to be afraid of the unknown. or to want to protect a family.

this is simply a case of fear over rideing common sence. the fact that this was caused by yet another child is equily disturbing. that a child who may possibly have been jelous of the other child and made up this tale only to be taken as truth by the adults is trublesome on it's own. it may even have been an imagined or dreamed occurance. regaurdless the adults did all this based on a child's word.that realy does not speak well on the adult's behalf.

one thing that is definately shown here is just how effective fear is at makeing people do stuff. possibly things that a person would not even normaly considder. as i believe it was roosivelt said "we have nothing to fear but fear it's self". fear is a major motivater to action. it is also a very good tool for manipulateing people to do things that ordinarily they would not do. the fact that a families future has been destroyed by one child's claims is very disturbing. a child almost killed based on the tales from a child is something that is much worse.

even more disturbing is the fact of was this in fact just a tale told by a child? there is always the possibility however remote that the child was indeed useing witchcraft against the family. that is an equily disturbing thought. there can be no doubt that those adults acted very inapropriatly. but how can the use of magic be proven or disproven? personaly i have doubts about a child that young haveing access to those powers but it is possible. these powers do exist. how can one gaurd against them? that in and of it's self is a question well worth looking at.

witchcraft is a very real fear. yet we realy don't have a way to deal with it. what would have happened if these adults had tryed to deal with this another way?(and i don't even have a clue as to what they could have done). they would likely have been medicated or held as mentaly unstable. remember that most people have apsolutely no belief that such powers are real. so if they did have a real concern what exactly could they have done? we are all agreed that killing the girl was not apropriate. so what could or should they have done instead?

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Umm Drogo, they tried to drown the girl for being a witch. If that wasn't religously inspired then I don't know what Faith is. It's all superstion to me. The parents need to be locked up for a good long while, in an Insane Asylum with straight jackets and locked up in rooms with padded walls. Too bad we cannot do that to all the dangerous fanatics we have running around these days.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I can picture these people- Shades always drawn, nobody comes to the house, nobody leaves....The curtain moves slightly once a day and some ghostly looking face looks quickly.....the mother tells the kid the world is nothing but evil bla bla bla....why this is right out of a VC Andrews novel, for krists sakes!!!!!

The house nobody goes to on Holloween.....

Bunch of mental case nuts!

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originaly posted by sardion2000

Umm Drogo, they tried to drown the girl for being a witch. If that wasn't religously inspired then I don't know what Faith is. It's all superstion to me.

so YOU think it is only superstition. that does not mean that it IS only superstition. it dosn't necisarily mean it is religious in nature, ANYONE who believes in witchcraft otherwise religious or not, could do the same thing. just haveing a fear that someone can use magic against you does not have anything to do with religion other than witchcraft can possibly be considered religion on it's own.

The parents need to be locked up for a good long while, in an Insane Asylum with straight jackets and locked up in rooms with padded walls.

and that is what i was talking about. anyone who believes in these powers is automaticaly considdered to be a nut job that needs to be locked up. that in it's self is part of why this girl almost got killed. there was a fear, and it was known that if they tried to do something else they would be asumed to be mentaly unstable. that leaves ONE option, to take care of it on their own. that or just be LABLED as CRAZY. not a real good set of options is it? just another dammed if you do, dammed if you don't scenerio. they had a REAL fear (justified or not), and the options were to be asumed crazy or deal with it themselves. like i said not the best of options to have, who WANTS to be thought of as crazy?

Too bad we cannot do that to all the dangerous fanatics we have running around these days.

who gets to decide who is a fanatic or not? what would be the requirements? even you could be labled a fanatic for not being open to other ideas. just because you CHOOSE not to believe in something like witchcraft does not make it any less real. it IS a possibility that "magic" could be real. just ask those who are into voo-doo, and other magic, i asure you that they believe in the reality of this "magic" at least to some extent.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Any story about witchcraft in the UK always comes from darkest Africa doesn't it.

Just like when they found the body in the Thames, that was decapitated. They blamed it on the mother, that was from Nigeria or somewhere...

Its pretty clear this is supposed to make fear of witchcraft look entirely without base, which it may well be, but with all the work at discrediting magick...

But what about the attention on the family? They accuse the girl of witchcraft, yet, all the evidence points to ritual abuse on their part, so obviously someone knows something.

I do get the feeling it is supposed to make us think of magic and witchcraft in a very simple and tribal way, to the point that the people who considered the act did not even know it was ILLEGAL.

Right, this isn't a piece to make people take aim at those that cry witchcraft at all...

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Man, I hate it when people spell "magic" with a K. No offense.

There is no such thing as magic or witchcraft.

The girl is 8. Maybe she WAS trying to put some voodoo curse on the boy's family. Maybe she was just messing around. Either way, she didn't deserve to have chili peppers rubbed in her eyeballs and all the rest.

Why does this story have to be spun somehow? It's just a regular story about a bunch of abusive morons. It's yet another story to show us how stupid some people are and how smart we are.

Zip

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The perpetrators of this crime need to be locked up, not because they believe in witchcraft, but because they are cruel evil people. To do what they did shows that they are unstable, reguardless of what they believe in or disbelieve in.

If they were in fear from witchcraft, they could have consulted a priest, or prayed for protection. Or, just maybe, they could have educated themselves about witchcraft, instead of torturing a child over their ignorant, likely unfounded, fears.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
zipdot just because YOU do not believe in something does not mean that it is not true. that in fact is what possibly caused something like this to take place. they certainly believed it to be real. this FEAR is what caused something like this to come about. they would have seen NO OTHER WAY to deal with it.

heck like i originaly said this whole thing could easily be made up be the other child, a pure lie. not being invoved directly however WE DO NOT KNOW. what we do possibly know (again not seenig it we realy don't know what went on at all). is that there was aparently a VERY REAL BELIEF that magic does not only exist but that it was being used against them. what should they have done about it?

that is at the very center of the problem. and that is exactly what led to things such as the salem witch trials. MANY DO believe that magic is VERY REAL. so even if magic does not exist THAT FEAR is still REAL.

magic of some form or another is constantly debated. people believe in chi and esp, both of these can be a part of magic of a type. for all intents or purposes magic is any manipulation of some type of force, energy whatever, done within someones mind or some type of spell or congeration. basicaly something someone can do without phisicaly doing it themselves, phycicaly if you will. i am rather haveing a hard time trying to explain what i do not fully know about so i apologize for rambleing or things i don't have quite right.

some of these "manipulations" if you will are being investigated scientificaly so we realy can not say that it just does not exist. personaly i believe that magic does indeed exist, at least in some form or other. is it something done purely with ones mind? or is it with the help of some sort of entity? this i am not so sure about. but i am not closed off to the verry real possibility that it exists. it is just far too common a concept to dismiss out of hand. especialy when there are many who belive it in some form or another. there is much that we do not know. just not knowing or understanding does not mean that something does not exist.

now had they believed in some sort of religion then they should have looked for help from that religious order. but keep in mind that even things such of exorcisims are not believed by many to be any more than a form of torture. so would that have even been correct?

it is actualy a very bad situation no matter how you look at it. if they were wrong then indeed they are guilty of something. BUT if they were right they were only trying to protect themselves. as i have said even if it was acknowlaged that magic did in fact exist how would you PROVE IT? how could you prosecute something that is not done phisicaly, but phycicaly? there realy would be no tangible evidance to prove it one way or the other.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   

The child had been placed in a laundry bag and was about to be thrown into a river to drown

Now thats olde school.

What the hell is wrong with these people?

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
If there is one thing that is worse than anything, it is crimes that harm innocent children. I think crimes against children should carry longer sentences than selling pot.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   

from Godservant
If there is one thing that is worse than anything, it is crimes that harm innocent children. I think crimes against children should carry longer sentences than selling pot.

Come on, bro, let's not go overboard. I know you're all excited and everything but get real! Selling pot is the most heinous criminal act that a human can commit. I'm neither for or against pot, but that stuff should be free! It's a plant!!

Zip

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Any fool knows that the true British test of a witch is to see if she weighs the same as a duck...

It is the 21st century correct? Did I miss a memo?

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Any fool knows that the true British test of a witch is to see if she weighs the same as a duck...

NO NO NO

You weigh them against the Bible, sin will make them heavier. (Discovery Channel)

Its people like you with your superstitious nonsense that makes the science of which hunting a joke

[edit on 10-5-2005 by Amuk]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by godservant

EVERY CRIME SHOULD CARRY A LONGER SENTENCE THAN SELLING POT!! No kidding!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join