It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin dictator or political reformer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Here an extract from an interesting interview with Putin.
Im not sure if Putin his introducing political reforms or he is gaining an iron grip on Russia. His comments about Gulf war 2 are interesting.

His comments about faith and Bush.

believe that every person must have some faith within his heart, and this is what is especially important -- your inner world, the condition of your soul,” says Putin.

“Is that what brought you and George W. Bush together at the beginning,” asks Wallace. “Your feeling about some spirit?”

“Probably so,” says Putin. “That mutual feeling appeared during our first meeting.”

“When he [Mr. Bush] looked into your eyes and saw your soul. What about you?” asks Wallace. “Did you see his?”

“He impressed me as a reliable person,” says Putin, who adds that he still feels that way. “You know that we have different views on some things, but my first impression was correct. He is a truly reliable person who does what he says he will do.”

Putin comments on Iraq

Democracy cannot be exported to some other place. This must be a product of internal domestic development in a society,” says Putin. “But if the U.S. were to leave and abandon Iraq without establishing the grounds for a united country, that would definitely be a second mistake.”

I understand Putin reasoning but dosnt the same apply in Afganistan?
Isnt this a case of double standards?

info

more info

Make sure you read the above story and transcript.

doubts over Russia media

I dont want another liberal - consertive cat fight theres plently of those threads already.

new topics

join