It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Carpenter- Conspiracy Theorist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Anyone here a fan of John Carpenter? He directed of such hit movies as "Halloween", "Escape from New York", "They Live", "The Fog", "Christine", "Starman", "Ghosts of Mars", "The Thing", and "Big Trouble in Little China" among other movies. He has also wrote a few movies as well. I have noticed that some of his movies do involve conspiracy theories and was wondering if anyone would care to agree that this great director is also a conspiracy theorist. Here are a few examples.

Halloween III: Season of the Witch- John prodcued this little flick which concerns a sinister cult under the guise of a friendly Halloween mask company that wants to restore order to the world by killing off half the population. This is what some say the NWO wants to do.

Prince of Darkness- In this movie a Brotherhood of priests try to hold a great secret from the public (just like the suppossed Priory of Sion). The plot also involves aliens and brings up the whole God as an Alien conspiracy theory.

They Live- Aliens in the disguise of humans are secretly ruling the world. Sounds a bit Icke-ish to me.

Philidelphia Experiment- Carpenter produced this movie which some say is based on a true story in which the government did experiments with invisibility.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I have friends that work in the Hollywood FX business but they have never had the opportunity to work with Carpenter. Horror movies are my favorite movies and JC is one of my favorite directors for the reasons you talked about above. I talk about JC movies with my FX friends all the time. We love how the FX in The Thing movie made way back in 1982 have stood up to the test of time. I own just about all his movies on DVD. I have no idea if JC is a conspiracy theorist or not but he does pick movies that run that line. His movies are not just blood and guts horror but have a psychological edge that stirs strong emotions on the subject matter. His movies tend to be a hit or a miss with the general public, but when he hits the movies are big. If I ever get the opportunity to talk to JC I will ask about how he picks his movies.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
i love john carpenter. he's so talented. he doesnt just direct & produce films you know, he's also written lots of the music for his films and also acts under his own and various other names.

his first 'real' film was the classic 'dark star' (that alien beach ball always made me laugh). He also did the original 'assault on precinct 13' which was recently badly remade. big trouble in little china was one of his. a scene from 'the thing' was recently voted the scariest moment in cinema & i think it has one of the best film endings ever lol

i dont think hes really a conspiracy theorist but just someone who can make very dark, sinister, spooky and intelligent films. theres not many others that can create the atmosphere and suspense of his films unfortunately

[edit on 8-5-2005 by justyc]

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
John Carpenter rules!! There's something about the way he shoots the movie and the sound that makes his films very unique. Halloween still stands up in my mind as the greatest horror movie ever (see my avatar). They was ahead of it's time.

As far as him being a conspiracy theorist, I think he probably is at heart.

Peace

[edit on 9-5-2005 by Dr Love]

top topics

join