It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Guns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   
OK,

What guns/weapons/bombs is it illegal to have?
Is it really illegal to have an M16?

Tassadar

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Class III weapons (full or selective fire, IE, fires more than one round per pull of the trigger) can be obtained legally from a Class III firearms dealer after obtaining the correct paperwork from the ATF. This will consist of notarizing and filling out in triplicate the equivalent of of a phone book.

The waiting period for the paperwork to be approved is currently approximately 180 days (6 months).

In addition to the paperwork is a mandatory $200 tax stamp per weapon granted by the ATF.

In the process of filling out this paperwork, you should note that you are forfeiting your right to protection from reasonable search and seizure. One of the forms REQUIRES you to sign this right away, and allows ATF to enter your home at any time without warning to "inspect" your class III weapon (and search for anything else that may be illegal).

Also, LEGALLY TRANSFERRABLE Class III weapons ARE NOW DEFINED AS MADE BEFORE 1986. Any full auto weapons made AFTER 1986 are for law enforcement only, and are TOTALLY ILLEGAL TO OWN FOR ANY REASON REGARDLESS OF YOUR LICENSE STATUS.

All legal Class III weapons are labeled as TRANSFERRABLE.

Also falling in this category is "destructive devices", mainly explosive weapons, grenades, rockets, rocket launchers, ect. NOTE, each grenade, rocket, ect, is considered an individual weapon and requires individual paperwork, tax stamp, ect.

Class II weapons "Any Other Weapon" (AOW), are generally short barreled rifles and shotguns, pistols with rifle stocks, and weapons with silencers. The same paperwork applies, but with a $5 tax stamp. There are no date restrictions for Class II weapons as there are for Class III.

Therefore, if you have a full auto "given" to you by someone, even if it were a law officer, you are committing a felony.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   
So I should ask him if he did the paperwork and everything or give it back, right?

I know it's not new though, I'll check the date and call him tommorow.

Thanks,
Tassadar

Oh yeah and to anyone in the FBI, DIA, NSA, etc..., don't worry, I'll get it either 'legalized' or give it back by Saturday.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Actually, you do need to give it back... even if HE did the correct paperwork, YOU didnt.

Unlike the normal free United States where private sales of firearms are allowed, THAT DOESNT APPLY FOR FULL AUTOS. If he gave it to you under the table without the paperwork, YOU BOTH are committing a crime.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Man,

this is totally not cool.

I just told all of my friends I got an M16, and now I have to give it back to him, like tommorow!!!

Oh well,
thanks dr, you proablby just saved me about 10,000 bucks.

I'm getting rid of it tommorow.
This sucks,
Tassadar

[Edited on 31-7-2003 by Tassadar]

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I agree, it does suck. I am of the mind that any responsible law abiding adult should have the right to own something full auto.

However, I am probably saving you a bit more than ten grand... more like 10 years in the federal slammer!

Get rid of it ASAP!

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Ok, I called my cousin in S.A. and he'll come pick it up after work day. Glad that's over.

Thanks again dr,
Jail would suck.

-Tassadar

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 09:50 AM
link   
You could buy a semiauto receiver for it and just get rid of the full auto one. (sucky part is it will cost almost as much as a whole rifle ~$500.)
The other things to keep in mind are your STATE firearms laws. For instance, I cannot legally own an M-16 / AR-15 rifle in this state because the "assault weapon" ban here is stricter than the Federal law.

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I'm in Texas dude,
we still shoot people and hang them for the death penalty.

Surpisingly, that was my next idea, to just go to the gun store and buy a civilian issue AR-15. It's not fuly auto, but it still looks way cool. That's the main reason I liked that Commando, not jut fully auto, but it was way cool just to be able to say I had an M16.

I still say it sucks, It'll be gone in like 9 hours.

Oh well,
Tassadar

new topics

top topics

join