It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SATs = 4 hours of hell...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
On the 1400 SAT, 1100 was considered to be good enough for all the free scholarships and other stuff.

If 1100 was good on the 1400 SAT, then what is considered "good" on the 2400 SAT?

just curious

i dont know sry...

Originally posted by Echotebarknwhale
the SAT was really easy. What essay questions did u guys get? Mine was something like we can only make progress by looking forward into the future and not by looking back into the past. There were some hot chicks that were in my SAT room

my essay was about work and how it helps us...

i had some pretty girls in my room too (but i have a girlfriend already so don't tell her)

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Ah, the SAT, i took it about 4 times. The last time was just a couple years ago. And you know what, the best score was the last time when i stayed up late. I still got perfect on math, and pretty good on verbal. I think it's mainly the luck of the draw.

[edit on 7-5-2005 by Jamuhn]

a perfect on the math???

GREAT

Originally posted by HowardRoark
Kids.

Wait till you take the GMAT or the LSAT.

do you have to take the ACTs also?

what are those tests???

the ACT is optional for me...

Originally posted by Djarums
I sorta regret not taking the LSATs. My parents tried pressuring me into taking that... you know parents... "my son the lawyer", but I had zero interest in it. Another three years of school when I already had a great job lined up didn't seem like the best plan to me. I've heard they can be torturous though, so I'm not sorry I missed them, but it would've been an interesting experiment just to see how I would've done.

SATs were my last adventure in standardized tests though, and I can't say I remember it being all that difficult. I got a 1400 out of 1600 and didn't do the whole prep exam thing that was the trend then. Do people still take those Kaplan courses for hundreds of dollars?

i didn't waste my money on that...

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The GMAT is the test for entry into graduate school. LSAT for Law school.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Echotebarknwhale, I had the same question as you, I live in California.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Heh. If anyone can help me out with MATH (im extremley below my grade level). Please u2u me! Dont mean to jack your thread but its the best palce to ask!

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

Originally posted by Djarums
Essays... I don't remember there being essays on the SATs. I remember Verbal and Math, both of which were composed entirely of multiple choice questions. How odd.

When did this happen?

just this year my friend...

the new SAT is made up of 2400 points...

3 sections of reading...

3 for verbal...

and 3 for math...

then 1 (esssay) for the essay...

10 sections of hell...

sounds like a modified version of the ACT

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
Yeah WyrdeOne that's true. SAT's really have no bearing in the world outside of high school.

Unless they actually correlate with intelligence, which they do. So yes, they do have bearing on the world outside of high school. Reference = Psychological Science. Vol 15(9), Sep 2004, 641.

It's a stupid measure of intelligence.

See above reference for empirical data suggesting the exact opposite.

alot of schools accept ASVAB scores from military people instead of SAT scores.

Because ASVAB scores correlate highly with SAT scores. See the same reference for the data.

Deny ignorance. Don't spread it.

phaedrusxxx

top topics

<< 1   >>

join