It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

SATs = 4 hours of hell...

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
hello...

i just took the SATs for the first time...

want a review???

its 4 hours of hell...

with 5 minute breaks every 50 minutes or so...

there are no good stories to read (except the one about life on mars and venus) so don't expect to read good stuff...

the math was ok, just leave out any ones you cant do because they dont mark it wrong...

the essay was all BS (i mean its VERY easy)...

the part where you must correct the sentance is easy too...

so...

is this a conspiracy???

nope...

i just wanted to post it here







posted on May, 7 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Well I hope you did good!!!

I took the SAT about 6 years ago......and ya know what.
Like the retard I can be sometimes, I answered everyone and
totally forgot that what I don't answer does not count against me...
How stupid can someone be? really?

Man I was pissed when I got my score....I think it was like a 1050 or something like that. Would have been better if i did'nt jack it up.

[edit on 7/5/2005 by SportyMB]



posted on May, 7 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
SATs are a snap if you don't take them too seriously. People get all tied up in knots over consequences and can't concentrate. They defeat themselves.

Anyway, I took the SAT something like a decade ago, maybe 9 years..

I bombed the math, because I guessed a lot (didn't take it too seriously
) but I didn't miss any of the English questions, so my score was pretty good overall.

Patience is critical.


Funny thing is, I worked in several fields, and attended a couple of good schools, but nobody ever asked for my score.
I'm glad I didn't sweat it, because it turned out to be useless for the most part.



posted on May, 7 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
SATs are a snap if you don't take them too seriously. People get all tied up in knots over consequences and can't concentrate. They defeat themselves.

Anyway, I took the SAT something like a decade ago, maybe 9 years..

I bombed the math, because I guessed a lot (didn't take it too seriously
) but I didn't miss any of the English questions, so my score was pretty good overall.

Patience is critical.


Funny thing is, I worked in several fields, and attended a couple of good schools, but nobody ever asked for my score.
I'm glad I didn't sweat it, because it turned out to be useless for the most part.


yeah...

all my friends care about what they will get...

they are all worrying...

i just didn't think twice about it...

i was neutral...

people say there are 3 letters high schoolers hate: "S-A-T"...

i am a great student to...

i am in the national honors society and everything...





posted on May, 7 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Yeah WyrdeOne that's true. SAT's really have no bearing in the world outside of high school. When was the last time someone applied for a job and was ask for thier SAT score? Probably never.

It is only used as a simple placement for tenns going onto college, which I think is all BS cause most scholarships and good schools (the 4 year scholarships) require a good grade point average plus SAT score.
All that is good but I know some people who have Good SAT score and low grades and good grades and low SAT score.....And did not get accepted casue they truly just suck at test,,,smart as hell but can't take test for crap.

It's a stupid measure of intelligence.

That's why most schools do not require an SAT score for people appyling to go to school after the age of 21. Most people forget all the algebra and all that crap that we never use in life.

alot of schools accept ASVAB scores from military people instead of SAT scores.



posted on May, 7 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I took them today too. IT WAS TORTURE. I had to wait like 2 hours to go to the bathroom. Oh it was terrible. All the crappy stories suckd!



posted on May, 7 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
I took them today too. IT WAS TORTURE. I had to wait like 2 hours to go to the bathroom. Oh it was terrible. All the crappy stories suckd!


what school???

i see your from NY...

me too...





posted on May, 7 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
what school???

i see your from NY...

me too...



I go to Schreiber high school. Maybe youve heard of us



posted on May, 7 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
nope...

this is where you took the test???

thanks...





posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
WOW Sats in the US sound bad. Over here in England there nice and laid back, you can go to the loo whenever you want (with a 'supervisor') the stories arent too bad either. Ahhhhhhhhh, my lifes great.



posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
the SAT wasn't that bad. I really didn't read the stroies. The one I took had something about to with the ??? Paradox. How science has evolved so rapidly in just a few hundred years and how finding life on other planets may be harder and blah blah..... the essay was pretty easy.... it had to do with work and how we depend on it to do our daily activities or something like that. Math was ok, not too challenging. I can't wait to see my score



posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cy4111
the SAT wasn't that bad. I really didn't read the stroies. The one I took had something about to with the ??? Paradox. How science has evolved so rapidly in just a few hundred years and how finding life on other planets may be harder and blah blah..... the essay was pretty easy.... it had to do with work and how we depend on it to do our daily activities or something like that. Math was ok, not too challenging. I can't wait to see my score


yupp...

this my my essay too...

that was the easiest part






posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Essays... I don't remember there being essays on the SATs. I remember Verbal and Math, both of which were composed entirely of multiple choice questions. How odd.

When did this happen?



posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
Essays... I don't remember there being essays on the SATs. I remember Verbal and Math, both of which were composed entirely of multiple choice questions. How odd.

When did this happen?


just this year my friend...

the new SAT is made up of 2400 points...

3 sections of reading...

3 for verbal...

and 3 for math...

then 1 (esssay) for the essay...

10 sections of hell...





posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
2400? I guess my 1400 doesn't look as special anymore does it.

Boy am I glad these tests are in the distant past for me.



posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
On the 1400 SAT, 1100 was considered to be good enough for all the free scholarships and other stuff.

If 1100 was good on the 1400 SAT, then what is considered "good" on the 2400 SAT?

just curious



posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
the SAT was really easy. What essay questions did u guys get? Mine was something like we can only make progress by looking forward into the future and not by looking back into the past. There were some hot chicks that were in my SAT room



posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Ah, the SAT, i took it about 4 times. The last time was just a couple years ago. And you know what, the best score was the last time when i stayed up late. I still got perfect on math, and pretty good on verbal. I think it's mainly the luck of the draw.

[edit on 7-5-2005 by Jamuhn]



posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Kids.



Wait till you take the GMAT or the LSAT.


do you have to take the ACTs also?



posted on May, 8 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I sorta regret not taking the LSATs. My parents tried pressuring me into taking that... you know parents... "my son the lawyer", but I had zero interest in it. Another three years of school when I already had a great job lined up didn't seem like the best plan to me. I've heard they can be torturous though, so I'm not sorry I missed them, but it would've been an interesting experiment just to see how I would've done.

SATs were my last adventure in standardized tests though, and I can't say I remember it being all that difficult. I got a 1400 out of 1600 and didn't do the whole prep exam thing that was the trend then. Do people still take those Kaplan courses for hundreds of dollars?




top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join