It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creation1: Man, beasts, giants and monsters....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   
In this topic and the three next relating topics, I try to explain the prophetic message of the Creation of Genesis 1ff.

In the Bible there are basicly two different creation stories. One about how God created Heaven and Earth, Light, Water and Life, and the other one about how God created Adam and the other humans. God made some humans like lions, some like eagles, some like pigs and some like sheep. And Adam was placed above them as their king. They all lived happily and unknowingly of what would happen. Until the day came when Satan in the shape of a serpent tempted them to eat from the Tree of Wisdom. Though God had told them not to eat from this tree unless they had to die, Satan managed to talk Woman into it, lying, saying "you shall surely not die". When Man and Woman then ate from the fruit from this tree, their eyes were opened and they became like God, and knew the difference between good and evil. There was evening and there was morning, a first day.

Many years later, after Adam had died, some of the angels God had set to watch earth, 200 in the number, broke God's commandment and stepped down to Earth and took for themselves wives among the daughters of Man and the daughters of "the beasts and birds", and they begat giants and monsters -- The Nephilim or "the Great Men of the Old".

So, when the Tannakh (OT) and similar texts speeks of giants and monsters, they don't nessasarily mean huge people, but rather it's an allegorical designation for children of marriages between angels and different breeds of humans. Hence children of Adamic humans and angels were the giants, and the children of non-Adamic people and angels were monsters.

These children of mixed angelic-human descendance inherited some of their parents' abilities, and they became a menace for the humans, for they threatened to take over the power on Earth. When the angels of this sin saw what they had done, they started teaching the humans all sorts of things, from extracting metal from the Earth for tools and weapons to astrology, astronomy and how to cast spells, how to make medicine and make-up, they taught coloring techniques and how to perform abortion (atleast this is how I interpret the word "root-cutting" in 1Enoch, but as so many times before, I may be wrong). And evil florished on Earth. In the end, the cries of the humans came up before God, the King of Heaven, and he decided that he should destroy the evil that had come to be because of the eternal sins the Watchers had done when they begat children with the humans and taught them the secrets of evil. After Enoch had pleaded before the Lord, God then went to Noah and showed him how to make a giant ship, that should be a refuge for him and his family and couples among the "beasts and birds" both clean and unclean. When the Ark was finished and the door had been shut, God sent a terrible rainstorm that we have never seen the like of since. For fourty days and nights it rained as if the air was filled with water, and the springs of the deeps poured out their water so that the whole Earth was soon turned in to a giant ocean. The water reached way above the highest mountain peeks. And it stayed like that for about a year, until all other life than that which God had destined for eternity had died out. And the water level sank, and the Ark struck land and got stuck on a mountain in the Ararat range. When the water level had sunk enough Noah opened the Ark and let out all and everyone he had inside, and there was evening and there was morning, a second day.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 3-8-2003 by mikromarius]

[Edited on 3-8-2003 by mikromarius]

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 09:06 PM
link   
That interesting I remember the matter of the alleged mud people with respect to creation in the bible. It was and is used today as fodder, in regard to the idea that the only one race is actually and truly human. The rest are subhuman as should be treated in kind.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toltec
That interesting I remember the matter of the alleged mud people with respect to creation in the bible. It was and is used today as fodder, in regard to the idea that the only one race is actually and truly human. The rest are subhuman as should be treated in kind.

Any thoughts?

I will not turn this into a racial debate. All humans are the same race. Then there are several completed and semi-completed angelic races. What this shows is that only a human from the Adamic tree can be king over the people on the Earth. For God made Man king over all life on Earth. That king Is Jesus and his son will inherit this crown of life (not the crown of thorns).

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I am not trying to turn this into a racist discussion either but rather am expressing how this story has been used in the past and the present.

One question do you know anything about the Hebrew book of the Dead?

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Is that the same as the Egyptian Book of the Dead?

Hmmm, your talking about the one translated and commentary by Zhenya Senyak? Significance being its relation to the Kabbalah and the Book of Joshua.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 30-7-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 05:51 PM
link   

One question do you know anything about the Hebrew book of the Dead?

Never. But I've been doing some reading on the Egyptian Book of the Dead. Well not much really, just enough to find a link with the Book of Revalation. I believe they speek about the same story at times, only there are of course slight differencies. They seem to either tangent or cross eachother.

Blesings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Mikromarius would like to hear more with respect to your insights as I am versed with respect to both subjects

In the Hebrew book of the dead the references I have found as well make mention of a sub human form of man.

Seekerof this is what I have found so far that intrigued me....

The bulk of the Hebrew Book of the Dead is in Exodus with parts stretching beyond the Torah, the Five Books of Moses, to the Book of Joshua.

The first destination in the Promised Land is Gilgal, the Wheel, the Hebrew word for Reincarnation.

And the people came up out of Jordan on the tenth day of the first month, and encamped in Gilgal, in the east border of Jericho.(Joshua, 4:19)

The issue of reincarnation is central to the Hebrew Book of the Dead and is, in fact, the point of the journey across the desert wilderness: to become free in order to descend into the flesh in the World of Assiyah at Gilgal. While normative Jewish religious practice does not provide for reincarnation, there are allusions to the process in the Torah, in Scripture, and in Aggadic material.

Gershom Scholem notes some scholars "interpret the statements of Josephus in Antiquities 18:1 and in Jewish Wars 2:8� as indicating the doctrine of metempsychosis�"

In any case, it is certain that by the post-Talmudic period the doctrine of Gilgal, or transmigration of souls, was accepted by the Karaites. By the time the Bahir is published in the 12th century, it is taken for granted and the concept has been central to all forms of the Kabbalah.

Third linguistic point: The first stop for the purified Nefesh after crossing the River of Descent is Gilgal, Reincarnation.

Its incredible so little is actually available on the Internet with respect to this topic, by comparison I could literally isolate at least 50 sites which presents the Egyptian book of the Dead and as well the Tibetan
book of the Dead.

But with respect to this matter only one interpretation with three separate links on google leading to the same place (Web Ferret was the same)

Could this be a topic that is being suppressed??

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Mikromarius would like to hear more with respect to your insights as I am versed with respect to both subjects

In the Hebrew book of the dead the references I have found as well make mention of a sub human form of man.

My "insight" as you call it is a result of how I have devoted my life to God and he shows me what I need to know about these things when the time is right.

Its incredible so little is actually available on the Internet with respect to this topic, by comparison I could literally isolate at least 50 sites which presents the Egyptian book of the Dead and as well the Tibetan
book of the Dead.

But with respect to this matter only one interpretation with three separate links on google leading to the same place (Web Ferret was the same)

Could this be a topic that is being suppressed??

Possibly. But it may also have been kept secret, with "President's eyes only" written all over it
Do you know the history of this book? How old is it, who wrote it etc.?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Sorry that I did not get back to you sooner mikromarius when I was young a person asked me the question "Did I know there was a Hebrew book of the dead"?

I responded no to which she informed that there really had been one. It makes sense when taking into consideration the way ancient cultures responded to the matter of death throughout the world.

It does seem to be something that is being kept secret and furthermore it presents the idea that reincar- narnation is or at least was valid in the Judaic faith.

What it interesting is that it was really not practiced in the Roman faith (as far as I know).

Any thoughts?

top topics

join