It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Bartlett & Peak Oil, CSPAN tonight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Congressman Rosecoe Bartlett, a Republican from Rhode Island, will be giving a special order speech tonight, on the Congressional Record and it should be broadcast on C-SPAN tonight, May 3rd, 10:30 to 11:30 PM EST.

Congressional speeches don't stick to a strict schedule though so he might not be there at all. It has been pushed back before.

Here is his web page where he has transcripts and WMV files of his previous speeches on this topic to the House.

This is important, because he is one of the few elected officials aware of the issue and raising it publicly. In an interview with him earlier this week and he was asked, "What was your colleague's reaction to your speech?" and he said they were surprised, a lot of them had never heard of the idea before.

I urge you to send an email to Bartlett supporting him for raising this important issue with his colleagues, and send one to your own congressman or your own governments. Better the governments act late than not at all!

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
He's on right now!

And he's from Maryland, not Rhode island, I don't know how I keep messing that up.

join