It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"We Must Expose the Lies and Incitement Against Israel, the U.S., and the West."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Many, many times within ATS, we see topics related to how Islam and the Arab/Muslim world is 'this and that'.

I implore all of us to realize that the "West" is of a different culture and society when compared to the Islamic/Arab/Muslim culture and society and vice versa. Our perceptions of their 'world' is flawed in that we tend to view their world from a Western perspective, and again, vice versa.

We, as them, must deny intolerance and embrace tolerance. We, as them, must attempt to truly understand each other's culture and society and the inhernet differences they do have. It comes from within.

I believe that perhaps this attempt at understanding has begun:

To Prevent Such Incidents, We Must First Admit That We Failed in Fulfilling Our Duty
--
The State Behaves as if it is Scared to Tell its Citizens About its Decision to Have a Strategic Alliance with the U.S.
--
"The State Has Made a Mistake by Letting its Voice Be Weaker Than the Publications Inciting... for Jihad Against Anything American or Western"
--
"The Lie Behind the Inciting Claims that the U.S. is the Great Satan Must Be Exposed"
--
"The Inciting Writings and Agitation Rely upon the Religious and [Pan-Arab] Nationalist Dimensions"

Egyptian Intellectual: We Must Expose the Lies and Incitement Against Israel, the U.S., and the West

The above article is a very interesting and insightful read. I hope others will find the time to read it. Thoughts and comments are always welcome.

seekerof

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Lies? can you give me an example.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Me?
Ask the Egyptian intellectual.

I simply posted the article with comment and my comment had nothing to do with the "lies" mentioned in the article.

That would be like having me ask you what are the "truths" that are being discounted by Middle Eastern intellectuals, such as this Egyptian intellectual, as lies?

seekerof

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
More proof that the Islamic & Arab world is not united in lockstep behind the fanatics, and that there are people we can reach out to and work with there. Note that Egypt did not become a US ally at gunpoint, nor did Jordan or the smaller Gulf States.

There is this idea afoot of kulturkampf, that the Muslim world and the West are headed for an inevitable showdown in which one will acheive supremacy.

Instead, there are simultaneous internal conflicts in both the western and Islamic spheres, between the forces of modernity and moderation, and those of medeivalism and extremism.

We need to reach out to moderate Muslims, but I fear a national policy by the US that emphasizes and exacerbates conflict serves to drive more into the hands of the fanatics.

[edit on 3-5-2005 by xmotex]

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Our culture is a bit strange to outsiders, especially with these reality shows (which are just killing me...). People are a bit different also, especially when compared to islamic countries.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Soemthing I dont remmeber hearing about

in 2004 Sixty former US Diplomates signed a letter to president Dubya contending that his ' unabashed support ' for israel was costing the USA credibility and Friends.

Where was this during the meetings lately?

new topics

top topics

join