It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll going to penalties - Tories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   

The election campaign is "going to penalties" and will be a "very close" result, says Tory co-chairman Liam Fox.
In a reference to Michael Howard saying it was possible to come back from 2-0 at half time, Dr Fox said the Tories had the best team and the best captain.

"That normally gets you a good result," he told ITV1's Jonathan Dimbleby show, adding it would be "very close".

All three main party leaders have hit the campaign trail with renewed vigour ahead of the 5 May poll.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Ah yes, a football analogy! Trying to appeal to "real people", using language they understand. News of the world had a similar analogy in their support for Labour, saying Labour is not Champion's league quality but Premier league quality, and the best team (out of the 3 main parties) to run the country.

Unfortunately, I loathe Liam Fox more than Howard, and as for the Conservatives having the best team, that is a joke. Seriously, who thinks Oliver Letwin will be a good chancellor? Anyone? If I was the Captain I wouldnt let him near the stadium let alone near the playing field (anyone seen Letwin lately?).

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by squarepusher
Ah yes, a football analogy! Trying to appeal to "real people", using language they understand.

- Yeah, Michael Howard as a life-long Liverpool supporter is just soooooooo convincing and not at all patronising contived BS, right?

I loathe Liam Fox more than Howard

- He's certainly one of their least likeable ones isn't he?

Seriously, who thinks Oliver Letwin will be a good chancellor? Anyone? If I was the Captain I wouldnt let him near the stadium let alone near the playing field

- Every time I see him doing his usual (so obviously deliberate) soft-spoken calm delivery I can't help thinking 'what are you really like when this mask slips?'

The word 'false' and 'scary' in great big flashing capitals just keep springing to mind.

(anyone seen Letwin lately?).

- Considering the threat his own seat is in from this LibDem 'decapitation' strategy (go LD's go!
) and the way he completely put his foot in it last time (remember he was another one to do the 'we're going to slash public spending far more than what we're letting on' gaff?) he's probably being kept hidden away down in the west country.

[edit on 3-5-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

new topics

join