It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe Grows Hostage to Its Muslims.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 04:57 AM
link   
It's our fault, us, the europeans. After all, we " just " have to learn Arab if we want to be integrated to their community. Right ?

WASHINGTON � Consider: In Manchester, England, a radical Muslim who does not even speak English has been elected to the city council, where he needs an interpreter.

Link

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 05:08 AM
link   
U-P

I think the cases presented are used in support of anti-Islamic propaganda, but I was also interested in the US vs Europe scenario, indeed.

As far as the one you have pasted in your post:

I definitely think it points to a 'European' problem in Manchester, and anywhere else it's allowed to happen. Candidates for any political position surely need to speak the tongue of whatever level of government they are entering, as well as meeting age/citizenship/residency/character requirements.

Surely!? Or will all governments, federal, state, local everywhere soon be putting an additional burden on their taxpayers and ratepayers, i.e. interpreter bills?

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Writing " In Manchester, England, a radical Muslim who does not even speak English has been elected to the city council, where he needs an interpreter. " is anti-Islamic ?????

Are you serious ? I'm sorry, but it show us only one thing. A terrible lack of integration. Oh no, wait. I mean a terrible refusal of integration.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I think you've just stumbled on the answer to the question of why Tony Blair (a liberal) has been so willing to back the US in the war. Europe is in much dyer position than most of the media is letting us know for the sake of political correctness. In the US we are being forced to be tolerant of the intolerance of the militant Isalmic community because it is still a minority. In Europe, the Islamic take-over is much more evident and grows stronger each day. At this point, in Europe it is publicly stated in rallys and at Mosque that the objective is total domination of the world beginning with the UK. Mr. Blair has a huge problem to deal with and the bank roll for much of this was coming right out of Iraq. Thus the reason he was forced to side with the US..after all, the Prime Minister is much more liberal and would have preffered to have been working with the Clinton / Gore team however, the clock is ticking for all of us but they (the UK) are hearing it the loudest.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   
here in America and from the post above, in the UK as well. I don't understand how a foriegner can gain entry, live and work in a country without at least learning the language? Let alone hold an elected post within the host government?? Does this not require citizenship? Doesn't citizenship also require at least a rudimentary grasp of the host language????

If you or I were living in a foriegn country even if we were living in a large community of English speakers we would need some command of the host nations language to function in their society. Yet we see none of this effort from any of the non-English speakers here nor apparently in the UK either.

Here in California we have many nationalities living in close proximity and I've picked up some ability with Spanish and a tad amount of Vietnamese and Cantonese. Yet I see people everyday that have come here from where ever and have been here 10, 20, 30 or more years yet still speak little or no English at all!!!

It really should be a stipulation of citizenship and even if they're just looking to live here but not become a citizen, there should a requirement to be proficient in English within 1 year or face immediate & swift deportation!!!

And I'm one of those progressive liberals you all seem so quick to demonize!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by USMC Harrier

It really should be a stipulation of citizenship and even if they're just looking to live here but not become a citizen, there should a requirement to be proficient in English within 1 year or face immediate & swift deportation!!!

And I'm one of those progressive liberals you all seem so quick to demonize!!!

In Belgium and France, a progressive liberal as you are is called a nazi if he dare to say or write such a thing.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Surely!? Or will all governments, federal, state, local everywhere soon be putting an additional burden on their taxpayers and ratepayers, i.e. interpreter bills

Good point....

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   
USMC Harrier

I am with you all the way on this one.

I still can't fathom how someone can be elected who cannot function in government.

Either the flaw is in the citizenship/residency criteria, or the pre-selection criteria.

It should not be allowed to happen.

U-P

No, I didn't think this case was specifically anti-Islamic propaganda, but some of the others from the linked article were rooted in it.

I agree with you that Manchester has a problem.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
It's our fault, us, the europeans. After all, we " just " have to learn Arab if we want to be integrated to their community. Right ?

Well that's a bit extreme, up.
I agree that there are too many foreigners who don't speak the local language.
astrocreep, are you forseeing a global take-over by muslims? How rediculous, it was our 'fault' that brought them to Europe, during the 60's and 70's, just to work here for a couple of years. Of course they didn't leave, but brought over their wives and raised a family over here. What would YOU do, go back to that 3 world country with no future at all?

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix

Well that's a bit extreme, up.
I agree that there are too many foreigners who don't speak the local language.
astrocreep, are you forseeing a global take-over by muslims? How rediculous, it was our 'fault' that brought them to Europe, during the 60's and 70's, just to work here for a couple of years. Of course they didn't leave, but brought over their wives and raised a family over here. What would YOU do, go back to that 3 world country with no future at all?

Well, its their very public plan..not mine. We can pretend its not their intention while they run screaming through the streets otherwise just to make ourselves feel tolerant if we want. With all the very public statements made by militant Muslims in power, its getting harder and harder to keep our heads in the sand. Tony Blair isn't working with Bush because he fancies his company. He's fighting a battle that might have just began too late. I don't think they need worry about going back to a thrid world country..They're refusal to assimilate into a part of society but rather inpose their beliefs upon the existing population is the premise the US has been shamed for since doing the same to Native Americans. I think that thrid world country livin' is just right around the corner..of course I'm just rediculous(was it) until its too late..then I'm the guy "we all shoulda listened too" Trouble is being right in this regard is no consolation.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   
astro

At least there is some honesty in you as to what 'Gulf War 2' is about.

Is it fair enough to couch that in lies about WMDs, imminent threats and tyrannical (but not militant fundamentalist) dictators being the reasons?

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Something that both "sides" agree on!!!!

I have a running debate with my wife (liberal, teacher)over this one here in the US.
She thinks that all Americans should take Spanish as a second language because the hispanic population is growing at such an exponential rate.
I think that they should all learn English since that is the language used by the majority and has been since the 1700's.
If you can't speak the primary language in a given country then you have no place in the policy making decisions. Simple as that.

top topics

join