It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do all the lighters go?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I can see why some objects are banned...as they can indeed be utilised as weapons.

However, during one flight with a group of Rugby playing friends we all chuckled to ourselves when one of our group had a 'Swiss Card' confiscated. The Security Office at 'check in' said it was due to it having a 1 1/2 inch blade that could possibly being used as a weapon.

The fact that the 12 of us were all over 6'2'', extremely beefy Maori and Pacific Islanders who wouldn't flinch if a Mack Truck ran into us didn't seem to register as any possible threat at all...

...hahaha...

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Lots of objects can be used as weapons though. And I really think the government is being arbitrary about it.

I would personally find a pair of chopsticks more dangerous than a nailclipper. But then again, someone who is properly trained can cause damage with pretty much any object you find on a plane nowadays including pens as someone alluded to before.

I would rely more on keeping nuts off the plane who will do bad things with the objects rather than worrying about the objects. What's next? People can only board the plane wearing surgical gowns? Anything can be dangerous if you know how... I'm concerned about this.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The sombrero was probably left behind by someone and never claimed at least thats the only thing that makes sense to me. I'm surprised they dont have any laptops or cellphones.

[edit on 5-5-2005 by boogyman]

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by boogyman
The sombrero was probably left behind by someone and never claimed at least thats the only thing that makes sense to me.

What, everybody missed the recent story on the Sombrero Bomber?

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Sombrero bombers - oh man scary scary stuff. I intercepted this transmission -

La cookarocha
la cookarocha
Sombreros don't really make you look like a clown

La cookarocha
lacookarocha
Sombreros will make the plane go down

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
All's fair in NYC. They sell Ice Cream at the US Open for $7 when it's real hot.

I bet they would make a lot more than that if the Ice-cream was frozen.......

Ah..I crack myself up sometimes....
....I'll get me coat...!!

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The lighters could be going to hell for them guys down there who feel it a bit too cool.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Has anyone thought of anything that could be used as a defense against a boxcutter blade or a pocketknife?

LIKE MAYBE A DETACHABLE SEATCUSHOION USED AS A SHIELD!!!!

Anyone tried cutting though solid foam rubber with a pocketknife. I don't believe for a second that those people took over those planes with just boxcutters!!!!

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Haha I have not flown since before 9/11 and this stuff is rediculous. I cannot believe they are now taking away swiss army knives, nail clippers and sombrero's! This is crazy... like one of the above posters said you could kill a man with your bare hands easier then with a pair of nail clippers!

I mean if you took one of the magazines they give out on the planes, and rolled it up. I'm sure you could beat someone to death with it!

Ahhh they should start banning all magazines and books too, maybe they can ban dirty looks! Pretty soon everyone will only be allowed to board a plane wearing a silk jumpsuit, and be forced to take a sleeping pill during the flight.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Oh jeebus!!! Am I the only one who got the sombrero joke around here. it was a black labrynth reference, and a good one at that.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Watch out that man has a magazine and hes not afraid to papercut you to death!!!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join