It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I NEED HELP WITH MY DAD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
My dad embarasses me alot. Somtimes with my bestfriend around. He embaressed the bith of with embaressesing questons. She and I got really mad. He asks stuff about her. And embaresses me by barking out the window of his car and does really stupid dance moves and tries to be cool. I told him to stop embaressing me but he gets mad at me and says that he was only joking. I need help with my dad. since this is realtionships I heed help with my family relationship.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
You and your friend should just give Dad the old "Menendez" eye.

At'll work.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Parents were created to embarass you... don't think it's just you... it's everyone his parewnts embarrassed him and now he's embarrassing you it's tradition.... I'm 13 and it happens to me all the time. Just ask them to not embarrass you when friends are aroudn and say they are free to embarass you when no ones around.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Im 29 and i still remember all the embaressements my dad put me thorugh...lol...
really there is not an "anti-embaressment" vaccine, so you'll just have to be patient...eventually he will stop... try to give him the "blank stare"...lol...that may work.................or keep telling him it hurts you when he does that stuff in front of your friends... mayeb he just wants you to spend a litle more time with him and he's trying to get your atention?? Parents do that to you know ?

[edit on 30-4-2005 by BaastetNoir]

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Is your mom around that she could tell Him to stop. You can also treat Him like you want be treated(not that you don't but nobodies perfect). Maybe write a letter to Him explaining in seriousness what you are feeling and ask him to learn to stop certain things he does because it is really bothering you and your friends. And pray for God to change his heart.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Sounds like a dad.
Regular ole dad.

Instead of being embarassed, ask him a few questions.
You know him pretty well, right? Just play along, play the game.
When you answer, say something like:
"Must be the way I was raised (smile while you say that!)"
Or "I learned it from you"
Stick YOUR head out of the window, and yell for the Dog catcher.

He may realize how silly it all is..OR it might just egg him on..

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Just do what I do. Let out a deep exagerated sigh, roll your eyes, put you hand in your face while masaging you temples then look up and say "I'm embarressed for both of us" then shake your head in a dissaproving way until he stops.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Oh calm down, your dad is normal like all dads, he just wants your attention I guess

Just tell him that you really do like him, but you don't want him doing stuff like that...

it worked for my dada...

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
[edit on 04/11/05 by Grey Fox]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
My dad was the same.....impersonated the Hunchback of Notre Dame in front of my friends etc....SO embarrassing! Why don't you sit down and talk to him about how you feel....CALMLY, of course! Explain that its ok for him to do his "thing" with you at home etc but not in front of friends......I'd like to think he'll understand. Tell him to remember being your age.

My dad died when I was 13. Although times can be tricky with dad's....for everyone.....one thing to remember is this:

Would you ever be without him? I hope your answer is no.
Because its not until they're gone - that you realise how damn precious
the love between a father and child is.

Just food for thought

Take care.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Just pick up the book Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul 5... it's the crapiest book ever and the advice doesn't help but it make you laugh because of the utter stupidness..... it's really so stupid one story is like....
"my best friend stole the guy I liked but we're still friends and I settled for this pretty cute guy in LA class"

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I'm a dad...

I just got back from Disney with my 12 year old daughter... and yes I did my best to embarrass her... I think I did a pretty good job of it too...

However towards the end of our vacation, I started thinking about when my dad used to do stuff like this to me.... So I tried to stop......

I put myself in her shoes...... I see both sides of this problem..

Try to be patient with your dad... he's honestly only trying to be a part of your life, wanting to be involved....

My daughter doesn't live with me... she's 5 hours away, so when I do get to spend time with her, I've decided that I'm not goint to do this to her anymore...

Try to sit down and have a serious discussion with you dad, he'll listen...

Good Luck.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
Just pick up the book Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul 5... it's the crapiest book ever and the advice doesn't help but it make you laugh because of the utter stupidness..... it's really so stupid one story is like....
"my best friend stole the guy I liked but we're still friends and I settled for this pretty cute guy in LA class"

You actually READ that book? o_O

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Understand one thing....

Mom rules Dad...

Now, vent to Mom... Mom will work on Dad for you....

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reikuro

Originally posted by cpr12r

You actually READ that book? o_O

Didn't you read that book?....nevermind, I probably don't want to hear an answer...

Well I can't give you much info on dads...my real dad went to Egypt when I was only a year old...and my step dad used to beat me...

I just say...do what Reikuro said...it will probably work

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Give your dad a Fathers Day card.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Be honest TELL him to stop.
I lost my dad last monday but he rarely embarrassed me.

top topics

join