It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who do you believe in god or aliens or just evolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
What do most people believe in GOd created us
Aliens created us
or we were created by chemical reactions in primordial EArth

or a combination of them all

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Try out BTS. Its fun and where this belongs.

Well I guess Ill go first. I believe that God created us, and if evolution/big bang is the way he did it then so be it.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
True, this should really be in BTS, but, I do want to chime in here - God!!

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Well I guess Ill go first. I believe that God created us, and if
evolution/big bang is the way he did it then so be it.
Croat56

I would have to agree with that, I do believe GOD is the creator.

When, why and how is a whole other thing, and many ATS threads discuss this topic. However i'd have to admit that natural selection has much scientific proof, and as far as Intelligent Design versus naturally occuring abiogenesis, again the evidence and most of the truly scientific research also favors evolution.

I recently started a thread about protein structures being evidence for design, however after much reading and some help from the mods.....nygdan and byrd, I would have to say this is not proof of design its is really still just a scientifically unsubstantiated(however well thought out) theory that doesnt, as of yet, hold up to the scrutiny of the scientific community.

I found a great debate on the web between 3 well known creationists and 3 respected evolutionists, all credentialed in science.

And even as a believer, i'd have to say the evolutionists completely shredded the creationists, it is a very good and fair, IMO, debate and a very enlightening read.

evo-vs-ID debate here

Here is a quote from one of the evolutionists, who is also a believer .... Kenneth R. Miller biologist

If Behe wishes to suggest that the intricacies of nature, life, and the universe reveal a world of meaning and purpose consistent with a divine intelligence, his point is philosophical, not scientific. It is a philosophical point of view, incidentally, that I share. However, to support that view, one should not find it necessary to pretend that we know less than we really do about the evolution of living systems. In the final analysis, the biochemical hypothesis of intelligent design fails not because the scientific community is closed to it but rather for the most basic of reasons -- because it is overwhelmingly contradicted by the scientific evidence.

Hope this helps

(edit) had wrong name for quote:shk:

[edit on 29-4-2005 by Rren]

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
God, and agree...BTS.

When you start to pin down an evolutionist they break it down into 3 separates

1.) Big Bang is someone elses stand alone universe origin theory

2.) Bio-genesis is someone elses life origin thoery

3.) Evolution deals with how life changes from one kind to another.

You cannot discredit evolution by getting rid of the other two.

Thats what they say.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I, a man, donot believe in any god, or being createrd by any god. I am simply a biological organism on just a tiny rock in the universe. I do not think I am part of some big plan, or written in some book. I would say the closest thing I might believe in is evolution, and then maybe aliens but a god, one controlling all I dont think so.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997
You cannot discredit evolution by getting rid of the other two.
Thats what they say.

Why are you puzzled??? The origin of the universe has nothing to do with how organisms change. Its not really even related. I can agree that there's an understandable conflation of 'origins of life' and evolution, but even there, why the confusion? Evolution is how organisms change. Origin of life has nothing to to with how they change. What you suggest is like saying 'this medecine doesn't work, beacause I don't know how it was manufactured, and I don't agree that the company was allowed to incorporate'.

If you can, as an extreme example, 'prove' that god created the universe, and similarly 'prove' (lets not worry about techinically considerations of prove and whatnot) that god created life in a miraculous (ie immpossible)way, then why do you think you have disproven evolution, which is simply how those organisms that were divinely created change over time? You'd certainly have good cause to investigate evolution with whatever methods you 'proved' that god did the big bang and whatnot, but you wouldn't have somehow yet disproven evolution.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I'm agnostic so basically...

I don't know if there's a God or a higher power, I have a feeling that there is, but that's irrelevent and proves nothing.

But I do believe the theory of evolution to be true (doesn't everyone?), and scientifically the closest to "the truth" we have come so far.

[edit on 4/29/2005 by Lecky]

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Perhaps there is no measurable seperation between all of them. Perhaps it is our inherant precepts that blind us to the truth, but can also let us know the truth. I often ponder on what instinct really is, if not inherant knowledge of the experiences of the conscioussneses that have preceded me. A sort of cliff notes of the paths travelled previous to the one I walk. How much of that knowledge stems from the same source, and how much of that knowledge lies dormant within your intuition?

"The Mustard seed is larger than the Kingdom of Heaven"
-- Yehoshua Ben Yosef (AKA: Jesus)--

The closest science has come to fitting this analogy is theoretical Quantum physics. The holy trinity .... protons, neutrons, and electrons?

In the end everything that you see as matter is only atoms and empty space, the rest is your opinion.

[edit on 3-5-2005 by Esoteric Teacher]

[edit on 3-5-2005 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hello everyone there is proof for evolution. Once there was only one species of dog and cat but we mated different ones with mutations like long ears or a change in the colour of the fur and this eventually resulted in the many types we have today.
Over many thousands of years animals changing-this is evolution

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenroon
Hello everyone there is proof for evolution. Once there was only one species of dog and cat but we mated different ones with mutations like long ears or a change in the colour of the fur and this eventually resulted in the many types we have today.
Over many thousands of years animals changing-this is evolution

I believe the argument with evolution is micro-evolution(your example) and macro-evolution(that same dog becoming a fish). Natural selection on the micro scale is well documented, I believe most people agree with that.:bnghd:

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
So if in human memory there is proof of just a bit of evolution a real high chance that just maybe over a time span 1,000,000 times i guess it gets a lot more likely

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Sometimes i ask myself,"do you reeally want to know?"I mean are we meant to know the truth all in one helping? would you go mad? maybe this place is just temporaraly and maybe were just here to learn. Yes i believe in God, but not a religious god run on doctrine...but then again thats just one mans opinion.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Lets see...

God offers me eternal salvation in heaven if I belive Jesus christ died for my sins

Aliens like to abduct and tramitise people pychologically and anally. And would be in a very good position to subjicate us while possible offering us a golden age in technology and health... yet they dont seem to care about telling us about that.

Evolutuions say our origins were an accident and started out as primordial goop,and then when we die.. that is it.. nothing more.

hmmm.... i think i will take the first option, and hedge my bets

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shenroon
What do most people believe in GOd created us

Why I believe that God created us is I placed the faith that an 8 year old can have at that age, in Jesus Christ for my salvation. On and off(more off) from 8 to 28 I read the Bible. From 28 to now 42 I daily read some portion of the Bible and there is nothing it that disproves that God did what He says he did in it's pages. God has made Himself known to me beyond any doubt. He's real, and alive, and in control, and will never leave me.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
HOw would u choose which is true i mean if any combination were true then it cannot be changed. If there isn't a god u cant just make him, u cant just say evolution is not real it has been proven and aliens well if they are or not there we cant really affect it so really either (wot do u say for 3?) way it cannot be changed so we have no choice. Wow all that and only 1 full stop.

top topics

join