It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newest Fad - Happy Slapping!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I think in the UK the crime of happy slapping is going to be taken alot more seriously now, Near where I live a girl of 10yrs old had this happen to her,

Her poor little face was so bruised and the worse part about it was the *happy slapper* was a boy in his late teens (17/18yrs) with a group of about 5 others, I cant imagine the fear this little girl went through...

But the boy was caught due to CCTV and the police recognised him from the Area, and he will appear now in court for charges of ABH;

word is that he may be made an example of to others, "lets hope"

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
What sort of little punks would feel the need to pick on a younger girl like that?

I do not understand that mentality at all. I know that some older boys thought that it was pretty funny to taunt me when I was a young girl, and all of their friends seemed to think that it was pretty funny too, but I would never have done such a thing myself.

I have always felt too much a sense of "honor" or pride to engage in any physical confrontations with someone who was younger and smaller than myself.

This seems to be the missing element with these slappers. Honor.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Roadscholar
I have an idea to rectify that (their lack of honor). Write the word 'Honor' on a large stick using sharpie marker, and beat them with it until they stop struggling.

Seriously, this scenario is what big brothers were made for. I can't even tell you what sorts of things I would be dreaming up right now, if I was that girl's brother or father. Those kids wouldn't even see it coming.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I got happy slapped last night
Was out with a bunch of work collegues and some friends of mine n this guy happy slapped us all, even the girls. Last thing i saw of him was a pool of blood, an ambulance and my friend massaging his knuckles!

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I like that idea!

Unfortunately, we can't all have big brothers, or even fathers.

Someone should start a "self-defense for little girls" course. Surely this would be much more enriching than, say, "jazz dance" or gymnastics.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
RoadScholar

I think those classes actually exist, and they probably teach three things primarily.

1.) The scream. I knew a little girl who saw a mouse once, she screamed so loud, the mouse had a heart attack and keeled over. No lie.
Screaming draws attention, hurts the attacker at certain pitches, and has been proven to be effective in preventing rapes.

2.) Run and scream. A more advanced technique. Resist at all costs. No matter what promises the attacker makes in exchange for your cooperation, never cooperate. It's better to be injured while resisting than let yourself be subdued, then you're at their mercy.

If these fail, and someone manages to get a hold of you, see technique three.

3.) The nut kick. Most predators don't take the precaution of wearing an athletic cup. Make them pay for their lack of foresight.

That concludes today's lesson. Tommorow: How to use the headbutt effectively when you're only 2 and a half feet tall. (hint: very similar to the third technique)

Seriously though, this is a situation you just don't want anyone to find themselves in. Prevention is the way to go. If the unthinkable happens, and a confrontation is inevitable, then go for the testicles and the eyes. Most animals instinctively protect these regions, and if you attack them there, their instinct is to break off the engagement, or, at the very least, focus more on protecting themselves than harming you. That's a good thing.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Someone should start a "self-defense for little girls" course.

They have them.

My little girl has been taking Tae Kwon Do since she was 3.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I wish a mutherf#*@ would try this on me. Excuse the language but this really angers me. As I had this happen to a relative. And she was a female. It happened at a mall in the states. Luckily there were security guards there and they cought the teenagers. Oh man was I pissed. I don't care about pain or injury to myself all I know is that however many of them attacked me would be going to the hospital with injuries to themselves that would last a life time. IE eye gouge.

Hint for any ever in this situation that might need to defend themselves. Go for the red areas. Throat, eyes, ball sack area, and ears. My favorite are the eyes, and ears, all you have to do to rip off a ear is twist, and I'm sure if your using all your force it will come off. Eyes are another good one, gouge the eyes and when your thumbs or whatever you get in there are inside the guys head just wiggle your finger a little and he's done.

Good luck to any sorry sucker that messes with me or my family.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roadscholar
I like that idea!

Unfortunately, we can't all have big brothers, or even fathers.

Someone should start a "self-defense for little girls" course. Surely this would be much more enriching than, say, "jazz dance" or gymnastics.

I like to try to brief every woman that I deem to be 'at risk' with a little of my own brand of 'self defense for females'. Which mainly consists of knowing what tools you have available to you and the value and proper usage of those tools.

Tools such as teeth, thumbs, and high pitched screams. As simply as possible, I tell them that a man isn't going to be too interested in getting off if he is missing a nose or an ear or an eye.

It seems to me that the most beautiful women are the most confident, and they believe that they could defend themselves against a man with a will and a goal. I tell them that they should destroy an attacker by any means available.

What bothers me most is a woman (or any untrained person for that matter) who carries with them a weapon such as a gun or a knife, thinking that they can protect themselves with it. The truth is that weapon could easily be taken from someone who doesn't know how to use it and used against them in turn.

Anyway, Roadscholar, I understand your plight in life; I have a similar one. I am proud to have been able to execute it on a couple of occasions.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Teeth should be used as a last resort. They get the job done, no doubt, but you risk catching any diseases the attacker has. Thumbs work like a charm.
If it's bite or be raped, certainly you should bite.

As far as weapons, I see no harm in carrying a weapon if you know how to use it. If you don't train with it, you're just as liable to hurt yourself as someone else though.

In my experience, martial arts are, by and large, a complete waste of money unless used to get in shape and learn discipline. Most martial artists are at a disadvantage in a street fight. There are exceptions, some notable ones being Aikido and Judo. Judo is excellent training for women, because it doesn't rely on body mass at all, it relies on the kineticism of your attacker.

My mom knows Judo, and can kick ass and take names against opponents twice her size - she took me down a couple of times when I was younger and more obnoxious(I've been studying most of my life, and I MIGHT be able to take her now because she's out of practice).
It's worth looking in to. Aikido is more appropriate, in my opinion, for those with a lot of mass and a good amount of strength is required for certain moves. Basically, it works really well for fat people.
It can be used by anyone, but it is best used by those who aren't going to be knocked over. I personally endorse it for everyone, but it really shines when used by an otherwise out of shape defender.

I've seen a samoan take out over a dozen attackers in the dojo, and he did it without moving more than one step in any direction. Truly awe-inspiring, the way he hurled grown men across the room. But, it does require a good amount of strength for some applications, like bone breaking and throws/crushing holds. It's not ideal for the thin, or frail.

Just some thoughts.
Be safe everyone.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Originally posted by AceOfBase
This type of hing has been discussed here before and videos were shown of people getting hit, including women getting slapped and kicked by guys and it was not humorous at all.

I'm with you Ace. That video really pissed me off!!

Hitting and kicking the guys was bad enough, but when they attacked that woman for no reason, man, what in the hell is this world coming to?????

Down here in Texas we've got quite a few people walking around with guns because they have their 'Conceal & Carry' licenses. One of these slap-happy morons is gonna do that to the wrong person and end up in the morgue.

Peace

[edit on 28-4-2005 by Dr Love]

yeah in my hood its ghetto but we live the old fashion way kids at stores acting up get slap across the face people outside mind there own business if someone is messing with ur stuff ur neighboors tell u about it or keep it from happening what ive noticed in other non so white hoods is that when the kids are acting up the majority of the parents say things like stop it or its a time out or dont make me go back there things like that anyways if i see one of my older nephews doing something they should not be doing i tell them to stop once then the next time i slap them behind the head. o and another thing that might be off the subject but from what my friends and i have discussed our opinions are that in a non majority caucasian school bomb threats are a rare thing and metal detectors are usualy mandatory but in schools with the majority white more things like bomb threats and shootings have occured no counting gang violence which may kill 1 or 2 kids a year down here compared to dozens killed in columbine and some others schools in just one day. maybe this should be on another thread but im new and o well. in my highschool if we acted up we would get arrested or just beat up or paddled by the strongest coach. feel vfree to contact moi on any of what i said

[edit on 30-4-2005 by bigworm]

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

I think those classes actually exist

Of course they do! They'd be much more worthwhile than cheerleading or "tap", too!

Life is the best teacher of any lesson, though. We can't shelter ourselves and our daughters in the quiet suburban unreality where we are princesses and none would dare harm us as we drift from The Gap to Starbucks in our big black SUV's.

This is nothing like my own life, by the way....more like people that I have worked for.

I'm rambling now anyway, best to stop.

[edit on 30/4/05 by Roadscholar]

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Next time, watch for the evil clown pendant when you take the bus:

chavscum.co.uk...

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The Matrix -- on your question of why the bystanders didn't do anything until you had done your thing -- I think that most people are oblivious to what is going on around them most of the time - not saying it is right - if people were more aware of what is happening around them this wouldn't be a prevelant I am sure.

And why I think people don't react a lot of the time is that they are in shock that such a thing could happen to them and it takes time to gather themselves to react.

Now I always liked the tactic of the little old lady who when a rapist came into her house grabbed him by the nuts pulled and twisted and squeezed at the same time -- made him call the cops and walked him out onto the porch and when the cops got there he was begging them to take him away. Tough old lady --
But like I said before I don't think people react because they are in shock and by the time you are out of it enought to react they are gone. Not to mention you probably couldn't get a good hold thru clothes.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I'm around the same age as these so called "happy slappers", and in all honesty, I know absolutely no one who would find such a morbid rush in attacking innocent bystanders. Sure, I know a few kids, lacking in some mental capacity, who fight eachother quite a bit, but attacking completely innocent people?! It really is quite pathetic, getting some kind of high or power trip from assaulting someone who can't or won't fight back. But I suppose there's all kinds out there. Ah well, one of them will get shot or stabbed sooner or later if this fad keeps up. And I would imagine that would deter a majority of these kids from committing such acts again. It's just really too bad that that's probably what it will take to stop, or at least reduce the frequency of, these senseless acts.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Strange! Why don't these people hit them back? If the attackers
were beat black n blue maybe they'd stop.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I always admired British humor (Or, Humour), but this is not funny in the least.

Benny Hill practiced a different kind of Happy Slapping. Perhaps these kids should look into that.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
If I were to witness someone getting attacked, I would first go for the assailaints phone. I would rip it from his hands, and smash it to pieces. That would enrage them, and they would attack me, but I'm pretty sure I can take on a lot of people. 6'1" at 280 lbs say anything?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaStEdDeAtH777
but I'm pretty sure I can take on a lot of people. 6'1" at 280 lbs say anything?

You probably wouldn't be a target for this type of attack, then.

Yes, when I first posted this, I could see the humor in it a bit. You all have shown me exactly how unfunny the whole idea of this thing is, though. Thanks you!

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Happy slapping, spread the love!

I think this is funny as hell. Watching people get hurt on camera, stuff like Jackass, is funny, but this new thing is pretty good too. I wonder if they'll make a Happy Slapping video...

I'm gonna go rent Bumfights in the near future. That's pretty sad, having those guys beat each other down and do crazy stunts for a doughnut or something, but I'll enjoy watching it! Laughter truly is the best medicine...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join