It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creating a Spirituality forum on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Hello,

I think we should create a "Spirituality" forum on ATS. There is a "Faith, Spirituality & Theology" forum on BTS, but it is more a one about religions and faith, which is really different from spirituality.
I would like to know what you think about this. Anyone who agree please answer.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I think this is a good idea. It would hopefully engender some interesting discussion and views. ..

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I think its a good idea. Ive also suggested a page that would state the beliefs of all the religions as to not waste space trying to explain over and over again religions.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This is a good idea, but I would like to see Politics be brought back to ATS. That community was thriving until it was brought into it's own forum.... BOOOOO

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
I think its a good idea. Ive also suggested a page that would state the beliefs of all the religions as to not waste space trying to explain over and over again religions.

How could we possibly state all the beliefs of every religion there is?

Who would do it (and get it correct)?

I certainly know many things about various religions, but how could I (for example) write about even two or three of them and get them correct? Many times most people don't even know their own.

Example: In the bible, one is supposed to wear white cotton only or we are going against the word of God. A Bible studies Teacher showed us this as proof. Who knew?

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
So what that means "spirituality" I consider myself highly spiritual without believing in any religous organizations.

I feel very close to my creator.

Or...........do you mean a bible studies forum just for people that are of Christian believes alone.

Perhaps that would not be so bad after all.

[edit on 28-4-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
So what that means "spirituality" I consider myself highly spiritual without believing in any religous organizations.

I fell very close to my creator.

Or...........do you mean a bible studies forum just for people that are of Christian believes alone.

Perhaps that would not be so bad after all.

haha that would never work, and we both know it(i mean only christians posting). Although, I do agree that it would be a good idea.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

Originally posted by Croat56

How could we possibly state all the beliefs of every religion there is?

Who would do it (and get it correct)?

I certainly know many things about various religions, but how could I (for example) write about even two or three of them and get them correct? Many times most people don't even know their own.

Example: In the bible, one is supposed to wear white cotton only or we are going against the word of God. A Bible studies Teacher showed us this as proof. Who knew?

mmm I dunno, but Im sure you'll find a way

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
We've had this kind of forum on ats before. It causes nothing but drama. Thats why the forum on ats has been changd and the religious stuff move t the other forum on bts. Dont count on it ever coming back to the ats main forums.

-J

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Well it causes drama because you always are going to find the ones that like to make drama of everything.

But if you have only serious people posting and monitoring the trolls it make work.

I have nothing against people of faith, is just the sources.

Christianity is after all the nations most worship religion, I think it would be very good.

If you can keep the drama queens and kings out, and warn that is for serious posters only.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Musclor
There is a "Faith, Spirituality & Theology" forum on BTS, but it is more a one about religions and faith, which is really different from spirituality.

As you mentioned we have a Faith, Spirituality & Theology forum on BTS. While it may be true that the majority of threads posted deal with religions it is intended for....well....Faith, Spirituality & Theology.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
A forum like this will be as effective at sharing opinions as the mud pit was and the slug fest is today. It'll just be a flame war. If one were created, I don't think it would belong in ATS, anyway, because ATS already has the conspiracies in religion, which encompasses spirituality.

...Now that I think about it, this forum already exists. It's called Faith, Spirituality & Theology, and it's on BTS. ATS is for conspiracies, and spirituality isn't really politics, so it wouldn't work well in PTS.

Musclor, you wish has been granted!

new topics

top topics

join