It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legendary Dog-Eating Catfish Dies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 11:50 PM
link   
BERLIN (Reuters) - A giant catfish that ate a dog and terrorized a German lake for years has washed up dead, but the legend of "Kuno the Killer" lives on.

A gardener discovered the carcass of a five-foot-long catfish weighing 77 pounds this week, a spokesman for the western city of Moenchengladbach said on Friday.

Kuno became a local celebrity in 2001 when he sprang from the waters of the Volksgarten park lake to swallow a Dachshund puppy whole. He evaded repeated attempts to capture him.

Story here

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Well shut my mouth and paint me red, another topic about giant fish! Obviously judging from my name

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Well, I guess he just liked hotdogs.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 06:02 AM
link   
When I was at Ft. Hood in Texas, there were reports from scuba divers in a near by lake of a catfish about the same size- I abstained from swimming in Belton Lake.

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
another giant fish. lol i have never heard a catfish eating a dog but im not supprised catfish will eat just about anything.

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Registered 2-3-2003
Location Jersey,USA
Member Is Online

Mood: Wired

ATS Level: 14
E.T. Resistance: 454/964
NWO Resistance: 341/900
Awareness: 77407/300000

posted on 26-7-2003 at 07:50 PM Post Number: 127108 quote report
Legendary Dog-Eating Catfish Dies

And I came in here cause I thought, Lassie died while she was eating her catfish dinner!
Oh my, what was I think'in?

Life is just like a box of chocolates, mama

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Marvellous headline, Proud-A: we await "Dogfish eats cat".
us.angler.com has a picture of a 320 ib catfish (eek) -apaprently the Amazon is full of the monsters: if a 77lb-er eats a dachshund, I imagine those guys take Alsatians (Germman Shep[herds)

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Well that doesn't surprise me! I have pet fish, and catfish (and goldfish for that matter) will eat anything that will fit in their mouths!

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
When I went to do my Mile Swim in Boy Scouts we stayed up all night the night before smoking cigarettes and telling giant catfish stories. All during my swim across Kanopolis reservoir I thought I felt something brushing against my leg. I am sure the other swimmers felt the same.

NAZI ANTARCTIC UFO'S

top topics

join