It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more going around it...seriously

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
When traveling at the speed of light, certain effects take place which are found only when achieving light speed. If a person in a space craft were to travel through the vacuum of space, the fabric of his existence, spacetime, begins to bend and give way to his spacecraft. (correct me if I am wrong) In a sense the laws of gravity are begining to be manipulated. We know this one effect to be true as certain light given off by stars has a tendency to bend around other stars eluding them to their location, and allowing us to further map the cosmos. If this were not so, we would never know of these brilliant wonders.
Now, not only can light bend around objects in space, but even certain particles of light known as neutrinos have the ability to travel through planets. What I am trying to get at is what happens when our traveler of the cosmos going the speed of light and approaches a planet (or star) and instead of taking any sort of evasive maneuver, rams straight into the planet. Now what would happen? One of the greatest crashes worthy alongside Evil Kenevil or would it seem as though our traveler just passed through the planets as he had been passing through the vacuum of space previously? My theory lies on the second. As he approaches the speed of light, the forces of gravity become manipulated and he is therefoe able to weeve through the planet. Now what I am really getting at is what happens when the traveler cuts short his journey through such an object, this time not a planet but another space ship. Will the two come to coexist or destroy each other? Kinda of like the one X-Files episode were Mulder switches places with another government agent during some disturbances in the gravitational field which also leaVES one man integrated into his shop's floor and two lovers forever intertwined. What I want to know is the medical application of this event. Is it possible to take say two kidneys, shoot one the speed of light at the other, stop it on a dime and create some sort of super kidney?

[edit on 25-4-2005 by Frosty]

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Your talking as if we could get a streamed particles of light and shoot them at each other. That would require an extreme precision, probably that we aren't able to do. Why would you want to shoot a stream of particleized kidney at another? Also if a person were particlized into a stream, how the hell would he come out the same way he went in, kind of like how would you rematerialize something if teleported through wiring.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
What I want to know is WHY?

As he approaches the speed of light, the forces of gravity become manipulated and he is therefoe able to weeve through the planet.

I see NO reason for this to be happen. Here's my theory, based mostly on all of physics up to this point (and a little foresight):

As he approaches the speed of light, he continues to approach the speed of light and never actually hits it. When he aims at the planet, he crashes. The population living in ground zero has no time to move and is obliterated.

If you've got some sort of evidence for this besides an X-files episode and something you'd like to post on ATS, then please share. But, since it doesn't exist, no.

join